• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Griffon_301

Wearing an oddity in my collection today....

Attachments

• 20200320_104023.jpg
    20200320_104023.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 186

Griffon_301

Good morning!
it is a wonderful "spring" day today with temperatures rising up to 20° so I thought I´d give the AN6551 a go;
technically we are still working but nearly all of our staff are released from duty till the end of the month; this means basically fully paid holidays without the time being deducted from our given yearly holidays - at first thought, the best that can happen to anyone working;
BUT, starting next month, the whole company is set on short schedule; the details of this are still negogiated between our union and company on one side and the ministries of labor and economy on the other side; it can mean that in 6 weeks time we will have to work at least 10% of normal working hours and we get a reduced payment of about 85% of our usual net payment;

but those details are not fixed yet... we will see;

Austrian Airlines is still operating some flights, but only to pick up Austrians in various countries who were on holidays and bring them back; all our other aircraft are parked at Vienna Airport, which leads to spooky scenes, seeing rows and rows of aircraft parked next to each other or tail to tail - our whole fleet bar a few standby aircraft used for those repatriation flights....

how do things look on your side?

Flightengineer

Good morning!
it is a wonderful "spring" day today with temperatures rising up to 20° so I thought I´d give the AN6551 a go;
technically we are still working but nearly all of our staff are released from duty till the end of the month; this means basically fully paid holidays without the time being deducted from our given yearly holidays - at first thought, the best that can happen to anyone working;
BUT, starting next month, the whole company is set on short schedule; the details of this are still negogiated between our union and company on one side and the ministries of labor and economy on the other side; it can mean that in 6 weeks time we will have to work at least 10% of normal working hours and we get a reduced payment of about 85% of our usual net payment;

but those details are not fixed yet... we will see;

Austrian Airlines is still operating some flights, but only to pick up Austrians in various countries who were on holidays and bring them back; all our other aircraft are parked at Vienna Airport, which leads to spooky scenes, seeing rows and rows of aircraft parked next to each other or tail to tail - our whole fleet bar a few standby aircraft used for those repatriation flights....

how do things look on your side?

Now only domestic passenger flights are made here, and partly several international flights only to the capitals of other countries. Charters evacuate out tourists from other countries home.
Planes mostly sits at airports. Aeroflot flew part of fleet to Rostov airport (737 and 320, SSJ partly), S7 Airlines - to Mineralnye Vody airport for conservated and storage. There are rows of aircraft parked tail to tail.
In Sheremetyevo closed 2 of 4 terminals.
Airlines reduce staff.
Cargo flights declined due to low business activity.
I get paid for flight hours. If I don’t fly, then the salary is very small. Flights are becoming less and short.
My friend who works in Lufthansa said that they use only about 50 aircraft from their big fleet (about 760 aircraft).
Hard times.

Last edited:

Griffon_301

Oh yes hard times indeed! Strangely cargo sales and imports go up and the guys in the cargo department are doing round the clock work in 3 shifts here...

Lorenzo_l

Today is the spring equinox. Happy spring for those in the northern hemisphere! Below is the Meteosat geostationary satellite's visible-wavelength, full-disk image taken at 6:00 UTC. Notice the straight north-south running day/night dividing line (i.e. the terminator). This only happens twice a year, i.e. during the spring and autumn equinoxes
And apologies for hijacking the thread!
Meteosat_20_3_20.JPG

Last edited: