• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Flightengineer

Brass monkeys today which was a shock to the system considering how long and good summer was here. Didn't really warm up terribly much even though it was a glorious day and sunny. With windchill it was in the negative the whole time.

Wore the Eastman Irvin, the MASH A-10s and this scarf that I bought from this bloke on the side of the road when we lived in Chile.

Wvnx8oi.jpg

Tim, it's great jacket and scarf.
But how do you not freeze your lower back with such warm but short jacket with your Norwegian weather?

Today we had a suddenly warm day here and it was + 20 C at the afternoon, but already on Saturday the forecast promises the first snow o_O
So I started my today's day off in G-1 and continued in the afternoon in A-2.
In fact I said goodbye to leather jackets until spring, I think there will no longer be weather for them.

Here Tim's style photo cause my wife could take a picture of me only in the morning :)

Thomas Koehle

This morning my wife and I let out a titmouse, which my wife picked up and treated at home. The bird was attacked by cat and damaged the wing. During the time that she was with us she became almost manual, and I really hope that the trust of this bird to people will not ruin her life in the future.

As the titmouse was photographed, I also received several photos of my LW Foster G-1 from my wife this morning :)

Awesome jacket Dmitry!

Seems you are proud owner of a remarkable collection.

MikeyB-17

This morning my wife and I let out a titmouse, which my wife picked up and treated at home. The bird was attacked by cat and damaged the wing. During the time that she was with us she became almost manual, and I really hope that the trust of this bird to people will not ruin her life in the future.

As the titmouse was photographed, I also received several photos of my LW Foster G-1 from my wife this morning :)

We call that a Blue tit around here!

Last edited:

Flightengineer

Awesome jacket Dmitry!

Seems you are proud owner of a remarkable collection.

Hi Thomas, thanks. It’s hard to call a collection. I don't have as many jackets as most members here. But those that I have I love, and not only for fit and leather, but also for they history. Of course I mean the originals, not the repro.

Flightengineer

@ MikeyB-17, thanks, interesting.
English not my native and despite the fact that I have to speak English a lot, I don’t know many specific words that are rarely used.So to be honest, I didn't know how this bird (we have a lot of them) is called in English. So I had to look in the dictionary and found that it titmouse :)

ausreenactor

Brass monkeys today which was a shock to the system considering how long and good summer was here. Didn't really warm up terribly much even though it was a glorious day and sunny. With windchill it was in the negative the whole time.

Wore the Eastman Irvin, the MASH A-10s and this scarf that I bought from this bloke on the side of the road when we lived in Chile.

Wvnx8oi.jpg

This Eastman looks great! Chile roadside scarf tops it off nicely.

Smithy

-1 Celsius on leaving the house this morning, first time the ambient air temp has been in the negative since spring here. Damn nippy so the Irvin again. Not much point in taking another pic as it's the same as yesterday's!

I love it when the cold weather starts and I can wear the Irvin.