• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Stony

Since our weather here in WA has already gone into the high 30s (F) earlier than normal, it's time to bust out some leather.

foster

I wish I could wear ANY of my A-2's today, but it's nearly 100 degrees F here so I will have to keep waiting!

D97x7

This was a mistake yesterday, but I'm more than willing to try again today ;)
IMG_20191002_130143-2112x2816.jpg

Flightengineer

This morning my wife and I let out a titmouse, which my wife picked up and treated at home. The bird was attacked by cat and damaged the wing. During the time that she was with us she became almost manual, and I really hope that the trust of this bird to people will not ruin her life in the future.

As the titmouse was photographed, I also received several photos of my LW Foster G-1 from my wife this morning :)

Last edited:

Flightengineer

Really nice jacket, Dmitry! Did you patch it or did they come with the jacket?

Greg, you probably forgot (you once asked for a photo of the location of the name tag on this original jacket for comparison when you wanted to patch your AVI G-1 last summer) ;)
My hand wouldn’t rise to patch an original jacket, which is 63 years old and not repro.

08f17da204cc.jpg

This is a completely original 1956 contract G-1 jacket (including knitting and zipper), all patches came with it. I replaced only the moth-damaged mouton with the vintage mouton same color.
I really love this jacket, and I will never sell it. This old lady flew a lot and could tell a lot if she could talk.

This jacket belonged to Jerry Donevant (1936 - 2016).
Jerry was born January 27, 1936 in Winston-Salem.
He was a 1954 Graduate of James A. Gray High School. He graduated from Guilford College where he received his BS in Physics and Math. After college he entered the Navy and was designated as a Naval Aviator in 1960. Was in VR-21 Transport Squadron and fly Grumman C-1A Trader on USS Kitty Hawk and other carriers , took part in Vietnam War. He continued his military career in the Naval Reserve and served as a Designated Test Pilot and a Flight Instructor in NASWF base. After retired from the Navy Jerry started his commercial flying career with Continental Airlines. He had accumulated over 25,000 hours of flight time while flying the B707, B727, DC-10, and the B737. He continued as a Test Pilot with Continental for many years after.

Captain Jerry Allen Donevant (when flew for Continental Airlines).

Last edited:

Griffon_301

I might have worn my B-6 today but as there were no suitable mirrors to take pictures I cannot prove it ... So I might have worn a Borat costume or a pink dress as well
Just joking...it was suitably cool in Vienna today to take out the B-6 for the first time again...ah I love those colder times of the year...

Smithy

Brass monkeys today which was a shock to the system considering how long and good summer was here. Didn't really warm up terribly much even though it was a glorious day and sunny. With windchill it was in the negative the whole time.

Wore the Eastman Irvin, the MASH A-10s and this scarf that I bought from this bloke on the side of the road when we lived in Chile.

Wvnx8oi.jpg