• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

John Luder

I dug out my father's B-15 (that's my step-father on the left,15th AF). Here are some pix. Sorry if my color card is off, and I don't have a grey scale to standardize the color. Some southern Calif winter greenery for comparison.
I've yet to do the research on the mfgr; the last time it was out of the cedar chest was before the current scope of internet research.
About 15 years ago, I lent the jacket to a manufacturer for color matching in the repros he was going to make, but I have no recall of him or whether he ever went into business.
That is the real General Doolittle's autograph on the flap. I met him three or four times, the last being in the mid-ish '70s when he and a group, which included my father, took a chartered flight from LAX to Wyoming for an event at the Buffalo Bill Center.
Man, talk about beyond heroic.

Attachments

• IMG_8005.jpg
    IMG_8005.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 91
  • IMG_8006.jpg
    IMG_8006.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 87
  • IMG_8008.jpg
    IMG_8008.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 85
  • IMG_8009.jpg
    IMG_8009.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 90
  • IMG_8010.jpg
    IMG_8010.jpg
    6 MB · Views: 95

John Luder

@CAF Docent

That Arnoff B-15 is just fabulous. Man that is a superb jacket in superb condition. And super interesting provenance.

It is so nice and pristine that I first I thought man this guy is posting a Real-McCoy...

Thanx for sharing!

D
Very happy to share it with others.
My father was a lieutenant in the PI, but he was in charge of the O Club in Manilla because his vision was too bad and blood pressure too high to be in combat. He memorized the eye chart and took barbiturates to lower his pressure to pass the physical.
The GIs were drinking green San Miguel beer directly from the tanks at the brewery as soon as the brewery was liberated.
Not sure when or where he cadged that jacket. Might have had something to do with the O Club having the only two working electric refrigerators in the Islands.
The only damaged areas are where the sleeves meets the cuffs, the permanent bends/wrinkles in the fabric that have simply broken the weave. It fits me perfectly (5'7", 140 lbs), but I won't wear it, last time was before The General signed it. I'd rather spend the dosh and buy a well-colored B-10; I had an original 45 years ago, but which was nicked by a former friend.

Last edited: