• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Flightengineer

I'm looking at either a 486th Fighter Squadron or a 587th Bomb Squadron patch. I'm wondering how the patch on the chest can be sewn on without sewing the inside pocket shut, though!

Today my day off and I gave my B-15A to my tailor to sew a patch.
Without tailors help, it is possible only manually through the top, as also on B-10 too.
The tailor opened inner pocket, through it penetrated the lining, opened it, then sewn the patch on the shell and sewed everything in the reverse order. So inner pocket working.The result is excellent, a photo bit later.

Flightengineer

patch, IMO, should be sewn through, as the originals. That shell thing is too delicate for a military jkt.

This shell is OK and I don't think that in the 40's they sewed the patch through the lining, thus deactivating the inner pocket. People in all times could sew, by hands or by mashine.

Thomas Koehle

This shell is OK and I don't think that in the 40's they sewed the patch through the lining, thus deactivating the inner pocket. People in all times could sew, by hands or by mashine.

I did it both ways - sewn one by hand without closing the inner pocket (was pain in the a...e) and a 2nd one by my tailor which was less than 5.- Euro also with a still working pocket

falcon_ib

IMG_1516.jpg

Love my RW18091 but have since gotten a haircut!

B-Man2

Looks outstanding!
But you’re going to need an elevator with a mirror if you’re going to keep on posting like this. That hallway is a little too dark.;)

Earloffunk

Thanks! Yeah, you’re right. I am working on the elevator... the alternative to the hallway pics is bathroom pics... which one do you prefer? :-/