• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

blackrat2

Not really a dinner date but stung for a shopping trip…Poughkeepsie time
0501A38A-86E2-4E32-8713-24F182AF4802.jpeg

mulceber

Do you know what the differences are between the 23380 and 1401?
Pattern-wise they’re the same, as far as I can tell. The differences are primarily that the 1401-P had all-crown zippers, while the 23380 had a mixture of crown and talon. The 23380 was also partly a russet contract, partly a seal contract, while the 1401-P was all russet.

bseal

Last edited:

Silver Surfer

besides what jan noted, and this is real jacket nerd shit. the pocket flaps on the 1401 contract are shorter (top to bottom)than the pocket flaps on all of the other rw contracts, and 1401 knits tend to be a orange brown color.. other that the use of different zippers, different knits, and of course, labels, the rw contracts are damn near the same. "if it aint broke, don't fix it"

Last edited:

Pa12

Thanks. I had an elc 1401 but I find this gw 23380 way better. Fit etc. wasn’t sure if it was the contract or the manufacturer.