• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Griffon_301

ah that could be...it's some time now that I have seen the series, need to rewatch it in the winter I guess...
that patch looks really great, although in modern politically correct Vienna, I might draw some unwanted hostile attention from some.other sexes with a jacket and that patch on it

Smithy

s-l1600.jpg

Micawber

I meant it as a compliment :) I mean I like my ELC House A-2 bit you look way better in that Poughkeepsie! may I ask, what patch is that?

I know Phil and thank you, just my dry, some say peculiar sense of humour ;)

The patch is one of Ties and is indeed based on the Catch 22 version but if memory serves me correct is actually a 488th Bomb Squadron patch ( Joseph Heller's unit).

Smithy

That's a great scene in the original Catch-22 film. I actually got my son out of bed on Wednesday morning to go to school by putting the start of the film on my phone and letting it play out (starts with birds, dogs, then one, then two then many Wright Cyclone engines starting up as you no doubt know). He got the message and got up for school :)

Utterly brilliant! You've given me a great tip on how to get my slow to get out of bed kids ;)