• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Lord Flashheart

GW Star and Castle. I could make some quip about a tidy looking ruin but I'll save that for later

IMG_2670.jpeg

IMG_2671.jpeg

Lord Flashheart

Unfortunately not. Didn't have the time. I tend to pass by High Fliers in Battisford if I get the chance. They make you a nice cup of tea you see.

WingAndaPrayer

Well the QMI arrived today. The good news is that it’s earlier than expected, the bad news is that the measurements I was provided were WAY off the actual fit. So, back it goes. It should be noted that the leather was very very good for a mid tier jacket. Of all the horse hide jackets I’ve had, this was far and away the best quality hide. It wasn’t stiff or creaky. It had very nice color depth and graining, it was nowhere near the cardboard I’d heard it described as. But in the meantime I’m back to square one. I’m considering getting another one in a proper fit. But also another FiveStar. The new horse hide they have looks to be much improved.

WingAndaPrayer

Well the QMI arrived today. The good news is that it’s earlier than expected, the bad news is that the measurements I was provided were WAY off the actual fit. So, back it goes. It should be noted that the leather was very very good for a mid tier jacket. Of all the horse hide jackets I’ve had, this was far and away the best quality hide. It wasn’t stiff or creaky. It had very nice color depth and graining, it was nowhere near the cardboard I’d heard it described as. But in the meantime I’m back to square one. I’m considering getting another one in a proper fit. But also another FiveStar. The new horse hide they have looks to be much improved.
57B38D6E-AC04-4252-918C-D610B4195653.jpeg
3B2F37C6-1EAB-4A8A-BDC2-D43BCCD8153A.jpeg

I was terribly disappointed with the fit

Griffon_301

my new baby....
a casual stroll to Fardin of Whitefeathers yesterday yielded this one.
it was one of these "I am just visiting a friend in his shop and go out with a new jacket" days...
luckily my SHMBO also likes this kind of jacket, in fact she even tried it because she likes the style
so without further ado, here it is:

20221012_051752.jpg