• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Nickb123

Aero Teamster for a few minutes. One of these and an A-2 are all a gent really needs. Time to sell off?
91D81875-2CDA-401D-B480-061D1D719460.jpeg

mulceber

That is a seriously nice A-2 Jan, your quest for the grail has ended.
Jan, I woke up this morning thinking about that beautiful new GW 27752 you donned yesterday. All I want now is a bit of cool weather to wear mine, too. That sure is a fine looking jacket. Enjoy it, Jan!
Thanks Brian, as @Micawber quipped, I think this is my grail jacket. Nobody does Rough Wear like JC.
Time to sell off?
I think you'd be mad to sell your B-3 - but dibs if you do! :D

Lord Flashheart

Yep, Burt is spot on. Now you just have to put some solid wear into them and rack up your mission count. And then there’s your Pancho jacket … that’s a very tidy collection just there. But you wouldn’t be here having this conversation if that was when the credits roll now would you? ;)

B-Man2

Jan
You have two outstanding jackets with that GW Monarch and that GW RW 27752. One russet, one seal . Absolute perfection both of them. Now theoretically you shouldn’t need another A2 for the rest of your life ……..,..,. Hahahaha…. Yeah right ! ;)
Jan
As a add on to my last post , I’m laughing because I’ve been trying to convince myself that I only needed two jackets for the last 30 years . That was about 40 jackets ago . And that sir, is how
Rule #14 came to be:

14. I’ve promised myself that I would never buy another jacket, but that was 8 years and 11 jackets ago.;)

B-Man2

For “Throw Back Wednesday” something a little different. Some photos from a member who was here only long enough to show us his Grand Dads Original Werber 1729 that he inherited and to ask for our advice about changing the knits out on the jacket.
We explained how rare of a jacket he had and suggested that he just leave the knits alone however,
I don’t think he listened to our advice.
I wonder how it all worked out for him :rolleyes:
BB3D5925-FAEA-46B9-9458-0125CD1A48E3.jpeg
8E284737-509F-4E0A-8C46-E75779EEC66E.jpeg
A1209CCC-673C-4DB4-AE5E-CC741CDAF54B.jpeg

Last edited:

mulceber

Y'know, I'm starting to suspect that large sizes were a lot more common in the earlier contracts. The SAT that got posted (around the same time as that Werber? Maybe a little earlier) was a 46. It would make sense though - in 1932 the Army Air Corps was mostly adult men in their late 20s, 30s and beyond. They'd need bigger sizes than the 18 year olds they were recruiting by 1940.