• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Nickb123

On the car coat theme, picked up this Teamster on eBay. Absolutely a gem of an Aero. Love the football buttons.
65E20DE2-9C58-4F4C-84C1-7015FAD13C50.jpeg

Nickb123

Dmitry
If you and your friend are ok with it … Would you share a little bit about your friend and his experiences during his service to your country during WWII? We hear and see on You Tube many stories from US WWII vets but we don’t hear much from the perspective of the Russian soldier during the war. Anything he would be willing to share or talk about would be interesting. A photo of you guys together would be nice as well .
Regards
Burt

Burt, I think you have us confused. ;)

I’ll try to get a photo. I know he was a gunner on a ship in the USN.

B-Man2

AVI Bronco got an outing again today so weather is going in the right direction.
Tim
I just had a thought about you wearing your jackets . You have the same problem I have but in reverse ! It’s too damn hot here 8 months out of the year for a leather jacket …. But where you’re located ….. It’s too damn cold to wear a leather jacket 8 months out of the year…,.,, That’s sucks as well :(

Smithy

Tim
I just had a thought about you wearing your jackets . You have the same problem I have but in reverse ! It’s too damn hot here 8 months out of the year for a leather jacket …. But where you’re located ….. It’s too damn cold to wear a leather jacket 8 months out of the year…,.,, That’s sucks as well :(

It does sort of suck Burt although I get to wear the big bad boy shearlings which is kind of fun.

Saying that, over the last couple of years it's becoming seriously noticeable how the climate is changing here - we're getting warmer and wetter. This summer although not brilliant has been a lot warmer and longer. The trees should be yellow up at the mountain cottage but they're still green and the temps are much higher than normal.

blackrat2

That’s very nice Jan, I just couldn’t get the collar to work for me/with me but looks like it suits you
Gonna say it, I think a seal jacket compliments your Monarch, to my eye the RW might be a smidge nicer
Size wise that looks fantastic on you

mulceber

That’s very nice Jan, I just couldn’t get the collar to work for me/with me but looks like it suits you
Gonna say it, I think a seal jacket compliments your Monarch, to my eye the RW might be a smidge nicer
Size wise that looks fantastic on you
Yeah, that was sort of my thinking - seal to switch off with the russet. Strange thing is, it actually has a bigger pit-to-pit than the Monarch (by about half an inch), but it doesn't feel baggy in the same way.
GW 27752 looks great, maybe your top jacket!
Thanks CBI! I think I found "the one."