• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Kermit3D

There you go Dany, a (fairly) quick change artist in action.....

View attachment 78557

"I suddenly remembered my Charlemagne, Let my armies be the rocks, and the trees, and the birds in the sky." :)

Picture1.jpg

mulceber

Too hot for a jacket today but just having received this cool looking GW DuBow 27798 from @saucerfiend, I wanted to post it for you guys. A good looking jacket with a crown zip and dull purple knits. Nicely done JC and thanks Brian!
Note : Check out the color difference between indoor lighting and outdoor lighting.
View attachment 78564 View attachment 78565View attachment 78566View attachment 78567
Burt, that Dubow is drop-dead gorgeous. Love the horsehide on that. And the Crown is just the cherry on top.

B-Man2

Burt, that Dubow is drop-dead gorgeous. Love the horsehide on that. And the Crown is just the cherry on top.
Thanks Jan .
Another example of JCs skill and talent for making A2 contracts. It’s not that other makers aren’t skilled and good, they are, it’s just that John goes into amazing detail when making a repro. I think that’s what really sets GWs apart from other manufacturers.

Brettafett

Uh Burt, are you trying to set the record for the best haul of flight jackets in 2022?
That Dubow is stunning! And right on the tail of that original G-1....! Now Im back to adding a Dubow to my GW hope list.
Wear it in good health and looking forward to seeing more of it!

B-Man2

Uh Burt, are you trying to set the record for the best haul of flight jackets in 2022?
That Dubow is stunning! And right on the tail of that original G-1....! Now Im back to adding a Dubow to my GW hope list.
Wear it in good health and looking forward to seeing more of it!
Brett
It’s sort of like “feast or famine” especially when you’re looking for larger size 46s and 48s . You go along for months and nothing. Then 3 or 4 pop up for sale in the same week. My “cash stash” has been severely depleted. I have one more in the pipeline but I’m keeping mum on that one until it arrives. ;)

Thomas Koehle

Too hot for a jacket today but just having received this cool looking GW DuBow 27798 from @saucerfiend, I wanted to post it for you guys. A good looking jacket with a crown zip and dull purple knits. Nicely done JC and thanks Brian!
Note : Check out the color difference between indoor lighting and outdoor lighting.
View attachment 78564 View attachment 78565View attachment 78566View attachment 78567

Extremely nice jacket Burt - hope you find it too hot for your location and maybe sell it to me at one point ... :)

entertainment

Continuing the black asymmetrical theme.

Vintage Brooks. I think this is from the late 1960s or early 1970s based on the long fan Talon. It is a 44 but the waist is very tight. Note that the epaulets are different widths. It definitely seems like this is the way it left the workroom--just plain old sloppiness from what I can tell.

IMG_5831.JPG