• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Sideslip

Second hand Dubow. Not convinced by the fit. My 10 year old took the photo hence the low angle.
64DB1B75-A44E-4AD4-9957-BB85EE808054.jpeg
02FC4FBB-197D-49B3-88C4-4ED632F1D88A.jpeg

Lord Flashheart

Glad to see you're making that M-422 work for it's living Jan and entertaining @Nnatalie at the same time.

There was an unscheduled regional meeting of the Norfolk Chapter of VLJ yesterday when @Micawber spotted me in a tweed shooting waistcoat in the sunshine in our nearest market town yesterday. I have taken advice on an appropriate beaming smile for round these parts so here's my Eastman Star and Pashley cyclists shirt at the Knettishall Heath memorial on a trip over the border to Suffolk. Hope that's less scary for you Burt !

IMG_2393.jpeg

B-Man2

Glad to see you're making that M-422 work for it's living Jan and entertaining @Nnatalie at the same time.

There was an unscheduled regional meeting of the Norfolk Chapter of VLJ yesterday when @Micawber spotted me in a tweed shooting waistcoat in the sunshine in our nearest market town yesterday. I have taken advice on an appropriate beaming smile for round these parts so here's my Eastman Star and Pashley cyclists shirt at the Knettishall Heath memorial on a trip over the border to Suffolk. Hope that's less scary for you Burt !

View attachment 78639
Outstanding Flash!!
Outstanding :)

Micawber

View attachment 78639

Good to see you t'other day Phil. I noted the attire and that you respectfully did not mention the leather trimmed fleece gullet, moleskins and tan brogues I had chosen to wear on a rather warm day. I could not but notice that you were carrying a copy the gentleman's compendium of East Anglian facial expressions, a useful reference work for this region.

I lived close to the 388th BG H memorial for some years before stepping over the county border. The late Dave Sarson who established and ran the museum dedicated to the airfield on his farm nearby was a personal friend. I can still picture dear old Percy Prentice jobbing about keeping the memorial and surrounds neat and tidy. As a lad he was adopted as a mascot by the 388th who presented him with a uniform that he wore when presented to Gen Doolittle.

The nearby church is a gem.

Micawber

It’s comfortable, just feels a little blousy. It is size 46 and apparently a Platon Dubow. Comparing it to Platon’s website, the details seem to match, but I don’t know if there is a definitive way to confirm it. Supple leather and excellent zipper (no snagging which I do get on my GW m422).

For what it's worth I think it looks good.