• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

mulceber

Out this afternoon for our Sunday tea ritual. It warmed up, so I was able to wear the Werber from Vic:
EFAB67E1-2A1A-46B9-8167-31CAF2B5C290.jpeg
10B31CDB-97D3-416D-885E-06D1698EE470.jpeg

Micawber

Do'nt worry! it will go off with a small paint brush and some acetone.... Jacket is more brown the picture doe snot do jusice it looks reddish The next buff will be with another wool sox . By using a white one you will easily see the brown pigment.. wondering about using a sealant when i will get the wanted colour...

View attachment 76174View attachment 76175

Scrolling quickly through the latest posts in this thread I thought your photo was taken after your dog had taken a dump ...but then went back and it all became clear ;););):D

saucerfiend

Low 30"s today so, wearing my new GW B-1. Love this!
IMG_0015.JPG
And, look what I can do. Anyone who owns a repro B-2, knows how useless the pocket is as you can't get your hand or anything else inside without all kinds of manipulation. John's perfect B-1 repro utilizes the original design pocket that allows proper storage. Still a deep pocket by design but, sooooooooo much easier.
IMG_0018.JPG

ausreenactor

Redyed 5 star Steerhide Roughwear: the previousView attachment 76166 mid brown /purple looked so boring... just made some new treatment Using a proper acetone isopropil alcohol wash and and several fiebing brown dye and after several good rubbing times with and old wool rag... guess that i have a nice colour..

View attachment 76164
Shawn might need to consider a re-dye option?

Popular enhancement now...

ausreenactor

Low 30"s today so, wearing my new GW B-1. Love this!View attachment 76179And, look what I can do. Anyone who owns a repro B-2, knows how useless the pocket is as you can't get your hand or anything else inside without all kinds of manipulation. John's perfect B-1 repro utilizes the original design pocket that allows proper storage. Still a deep pocket by design but, sooooooooo much easier.
View attachment 76180
B-2 pocket sits lower on my B-R Werber...

They are a useless pocket though... still pointless by the time they hit the a A-2, B-10...
B-15 nailed it.

ausreenactor

Yeah, guilty on that count. One of these days I should really see about getting a replacement label. Shouldn't be hard to find a plausible one.

It is one of the early efforts by Shawn and the jacket is amazing... I assume it was low hanging fruit and a hasty release. The level of attention to detail, the quest for accuracy and the ongoing enhancements to the production facilities make me think that Shawn will get around to it one day...

Might drag out my Jerome art Air Comfort today...

AAAvn is a thing of the past now.... going 'retro' perhaps?

Mr. Mike

Low 30"s today so, wearing my new GW B-1. Love this!View attachment 76179And, look what I can do. Anyone who owns a repro B-2, knows how useless the pocket is as you can't get your hand or anything else inside without all kinds of manipulation. John's perfect B-1 repro utilizes the original design pocket that allows proper storage. Still a deep pocket by design but, sooooooooo much easier.
View attachment 76180
That is great! Initially I thought you'd be the lucky one who acquired this stunning original John recently put un his sales page. Was not even aware John reproduced B-1s. Is it a one-off production for you or is John planning to add it to his standard range? Absolutely cool that is for sure!

Last edited:

saucerfiend

That is great! Initially I thought you'd be the lucky one who acquired this stunning original John recently put un his sales page. Was not even aware John reproduced B-1s. Is it a one-off production for you or is John planning to add it to his standard range? Absolutely cool that is for sure!
No, it's not a one-off. And, yes, John is planning to add to the catalog. Thank you, my friend.

mulceber

As I understand it 1947 was the year the M-422A became the G-1 Series. As well the USAAF became the USAF.

Well it's actually a bit more complicated than that. The M-422A was discontinued in 1943, due to an aborted initiative at a joint AAF-Navy flight jacket, and was replaced by the AN-6552 and AN-J-3A. The 55J14 series, begun in 1947, was the first jacket type to have G-1 on the label. So my jacket's actually about 10 years and 3 jacket types removed from the M-422A.

Last edited: