• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Enigma1938

In the south of France, the weather for the next 10 days : sunny with 5°C (40°F) in the morning and 15°C (60°F) in the afternoon.
I've been alternating between the Hartmann jacket and the A-2 for 2 months.
I'm working hard to develop a nice patina. ;)

Do you have a approximately time frame when your GW B6 will be finished ?

entertainment

Strange this: I seem to remember being disappointed in a way last time John contacted me to say he was ready to make my jacket. Because I finally had to make some final decisions and couldn't fantasize anymore.

mulceber

Strange this: I seem to remember being disappointed in a way last time John contacted me to say he was ready to make my jacket. Because I finally had to make some final decisions and couldn't fantasize anymore.

The solution to that problem is immediately to get on the wait list for another jacket. ;)

Mr. Mike

Just for show. About 1.5” from being actually usable
Thanks very much for checking. I wonder whether this is an ELC specific or if this also holds true for the model in general (the others here in this group might have an opinion on it from experiences they made with their examples). I was always in doubt if I just ordered mine a size too small but looking at the perfect fit of yours and the same effect you mention these doubts are gone now (at least).

Brettafett

I dont usually use them, but went and tried the button tab closures on my B jackets
ELC B-10 40 - I was able to close. Useable for me
BR B-10 42 - I was able to close and actually used it the other day. Works great
ELC B-15 42 - No way. The fur padded tab doesn't reach the button. Unusable for me

Ive been barely able to close the throat tabs on my G-1s also.

I think something to consider, is that these jackets were made for young chaps in their trim and skinny prime.
I would be interested to see any WW2 pics of guys actually wearing their jacket with the throat tab closed.

Mr. Mike

I dont usually use them, but went and tried the button tab closures on my B jackets
BR B-10 42 - I was able to close and actually used it the other day. Works great
ELC B-15 42 - No way. The fur padded tab doesn't reach the button. Unusable for me

Ive been barely able to close the throat tabs on my G-1s also.

I think something to consider, is that these jackets were made for young chaps in their trim and skinny prime.
I would be interested to see any WW2 pics of guys actually wearing their jacket with the throat tab closed.
Thanks a lot Brettafett for that additional detailed perspective! In the meantime I also tried with the BR B-10 - while it is closable it is close to strangle yourself so not really comfortable for everyday use. Let's see if there are more observations with other vendors pointing rather in the direction of fashion accessory or whether we are just all old bull-necks :rolleyes:

Brettafett

Interesting to hear people's experiences... It 'should' be a function element of the jacket.
I was thinking of having a tailor move the button on the B-15

D97x7

Works fine on my Gizemo N-1, reasonably comfortable as well. To be honest, I'd forgotten it was even there.
IMG_20211107_112335_copy_3168x4224.jpg

Time to lose the beard again I think.

mulceber

The closure on my BR B-15 works beautifully. Very comfortable. It has two buttons and I could probably even use the tighter one if I wanted. My wife can barely close the tab on her ELC B-17 however. I would not describe it as functional.