• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

ties70

A little Dubow-ing in the rain...

IMG_20211104_1316224.jpg

B-Man2

The weather down here has finely been cool enough for jackets . Here’s a Good Wear Acme (Aero) 21996 , that has been given a light coat of re-dye over the Russett so that with wear, the Russett undertones will bleed through . I’ve posted an original as a representation of what this jacket will look like after some intense wear and aging .
Cheers
C589236E-01D6-457A-B0C2-B765AFF91A21.png
682E2965-9D0D-4862-B7EE-348516C92CE7.jpeg
89B5677A-C9BE-41F2-93D2-831CD6BDF470.jpeg

bfd70

A G-1 in horsehide?
I suppose i misspoke eastmans model lists as goat. Elmc lists as horse. This is an elmc model but it certainly feels like goat. Very pliable.

Sideslip

Frost yesterday morning and harder one today, foggy too. We had a mature apple tree blow over at the weekend, sonny Jim staked it but it was clear some of the roots had failed so I decided to do away with it this morning. Out with the pole and chainsaw then hook up the trunk and ease the roots out. sorry to go on about it but I still can't believe that this time last year I was in a hospital bed still with a terminal diagnosis.

Fleece lined ATF tanker is the current go to for jobbing about outside....

View attachment 68498
I used to have a near mint original picked up for £15 at a stall. Was doing building works so put it in storage. Neighbouring lockup broke rules and stored food so mice went into mine and turned the jacket into a nest …. your looks great and functional!

Micawber

I used to have a near mint original picked up for £15 at a stall. Was doing building works so put it in storage. Neighbouring lockup broke rules and stored food so mice went into mine and turned the jacket into a nest …. your looks great and functional!

Those were the days. As I mentioned on VLJ before I remember when originals were sold as surplus on market stalls etc and worn as work wear or biking gear.