• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Flightengineer

Very sweet jacket. I would not like to wear it around, just because it's patched, and I didn't earn it. Very nice jacket though.

Thanks, thats really lovely jacket I rarely wear it and know the history of this jacket and first owner history well. He was very good man and pilot. About patches and wings on this jacket..hm..now it's just piece of aviation history, btw I have my own wings and have took this jacket in cockpit several times in technical flights when it was not necessary to wear a uniform. So I'm sure that Jerry in heaven would be glad that this old lady flew again.

Last edited:

Micawber

Vintage & authentic x 2?

IMG_20210827_164829_677_resize_74.jpg

And even I can manage the occasional smile :)

Spitfireace

I can vouch for Steve. He's done impeccable work replacing knits, liners and zippers on a number of my originals.
He even dyed berry colored sleeve knits to match the original waist knit on an Aero.

[email protected]
Sounds good. I'm just not into shipping costs if posssible to not pay those. I think I know one or two people locally.

mulceber

If there’s a doubt, when it’s an original, don’t do it. I wouldn’t send it to those local people. A third option would be Dave Sheeley. He knows Monarchs, and he’ll use the original stitch holes.

Spitfireace

Thanks, thats really lovely jacket I rarely wear it and know the history of this jacket and first owner history well. He was very good man and pilot. About patches and wings on this jacket..hm..now it's just piece of aviation history, btw I have my own wings and have took this jacket in cockpit several times in technical flights when it was not necessary to wear a uniform. So I'm sure that Jerry in heaven would be glad that this old lady flew again.
You have earned it on your own right. Wear it in good health.