• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

B-Man2

It's cause you don't paint on leather, Burt ;)
Vera is right - often goatskin has small "jack-stone" texture and small details are more difficult to draw. I ran into this when I drew camels on my A2 AVI. Therefore, I always use a piece of smooth cowhide for patches.
Your right Dmitry … you guys are absolutely some of the most artistically talented people I know. It’s great to watch you create some of the art work that you guys and women do . :)

MaydayWei

Yes, that is true. The material is more durable on the matte version. It will be interesting to see the how it reacts after being exposed to rain.

I can 100% attest to the durability of the matte version's stitching.
I've put both the shiny and matte versions in the washing machine and the shiny CWU's stitching will simply disappear. In contrast, the matte version's stitching remains strong after being put through the wringer.
In addition to its robustness, there is simply more stitching on the matte version resulting in the stitching being more reinforced throughout.
As for rain, rain leaves no watermarks on the matte material (as opposed to the shiny).
Neither are waterproof, however!

Nickb123

GW Aero 16160. Highly contrived pose.

120F4A56-1172-4591-91E4-148F10C336FC.jpeg