• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

ausreenactor

Getting cooler and darker earlier... moving to Winter...

GW Rough Wear in a roomy 44...
20210516_171357.jpg

Practical AND comfortable!

s4rmark

I would say so. Comparing the Bronson B-15c and MA-1 the materials are very similar if not the same. They also both have the heavy wool mix insulation as well and this also compares well to the Buzz Ricksons MA-1.

Chandler

Any better?

View attachment 60706

What do you mean I'm such a tease :D

Hold the press! Hold the press!!!

Just so happens I took a photo of the wee beastie before I put her to bed so I have edited this post to add the aforementioned image ;)

View attachment 60714
Remember what I said earlier about envy of other members' collections? :(

Always wanted a WW2 Jeep. Guess the Army left 'em all overseas. :confused:

Micawber

Snip
Always wanted a WW2 Jeep. Guess the Army left 'em all overseas. :confused:

Not all of them. Actually mine spent all it's civilian life just a few miles from where it was auctioned off from the military along with 100's of others at Fort Benicia, Calif during a one day veterans only sale in 1946 until it was imported into the UK in 20213. That said 1000's were left overseas and used, rebuilt, used, rebuilt by various nations. In fact France licence built their own version [Hotchkiss M201] who's parts were, in the main interchangeable with the wartime Willys MB and Ford GPW Jeeps which were still in use until the '80's I think.

There are plenty of WW2 Jeeps on your side of the pond. I scoped and enquired about several potential purchases but the one I have now popped up for sale over here just in the nick of time and saved me the hassle of transport, import etc etc.

Chandler

@Micawber -- when I was looking, and had the wherewithal, the MBs were all either beat to hell or priced beyond any reasonable budget. I've looked a little these days, but not with true enthusiasm. They still seem to be a rich man's toy over here.

Was yours restored to a point, or did you give it a lot of attention?

FWIW -- my dad had a '47 Willys CJ-2a back in the late '70s. He sold it before I was out of college and before I got the true itch.