• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

s4rmark

Platon Dubow today.
4746F774-1F01-4834-9F57-B4B1E6EBE059.jpeg
D2C885AC-30AD-428E-930D-080A0D8574F9.jpeg

B-Man2

Still can’t get the Hookless zipped up. May revisit over the summer and devote a day to it. LOL!
Huh !! I would have guessed that it would have responded by now . Ok ... just one more try ... work with me now , don’t give up . Take the jacket off and seat the zip and puller. Now you said that it works without you in it. Great! put the lightest coating of rust inhibiting grease RIGGS GREASE, on the zip and the teeth . This is not for the weak of heart, so this is why I haven’t suggested it before this point . Take a small modeling paint brush with very few bristles and as light as possible coat the zip teeth with the rust inhibiting grease BUT DO NOT GET IT ON THE ZIP TAPE , just the teeth . Now without putting the jacket on, hook up the zipper and run the puller up and down slowly several times . Do this on and off for a couple of hours . Eventually the zip will loosen up . Now put the jacket on and go through all the steps we have discussed . If the zipper still doesn’t work for you, send the jacket to me and I will get it working and send it back to you . But I think this should do it .
Cheers
Burt

ausreenactor

Still can’t get the Hookless zipped up. May revisit over the summer and devote a day to it. LOL!

Is it only 'starting' the zipper and the first inch or so? Or the zip length itself?

Had an issue where the BR repro Crown had waves in the tape and some parts needed to be worked and flattened to get the slider moving.

Wondering if the slider is slightly out of alignment? I would not recommend bending it but check if the gaps are parallel?

Nickb123

Is it only 'starting' the zipper and the first inch or so? Or the zip length itself?

Had an issue where the BR repro Crown had waves in the tape and some parts needed to be worked and flattened to get the slider moving.

Wondering if the slider is slightly out of alignment? I would not recommend bending it but check if the gaps are parallel?

It’s something with the left side of the zipper itself. I’m sure I bent it a bit out of shape when I first tried it on. I’m more mystified and intrigued about it all. Thank goodness I wear unzipped. As soon as it works I’ll let you guys know! Until then...

Nickb123

Yes, it’s just the first inch. It maybe moves a millimeter and doesn’t start. But it works fine when zipped up when not worn (meaning I’ve gotten that to at least work some of the time...) the zipper itself is indeed a bit wavy. Could very well be that. The next time I have it working unworn I’m going to really give it a thorough running. I have a feeling it’ll run beautifully once it gets over the growing pains (now that the pin thing makes sense)!

ausreenactor

Yes, it’s just the first inch. It maybe moves a millimeter and doesn’t start. But it works fine when zipped up when not worn (meaning I’ve gotten that to at least work some of the time...) the zipper itself is indeed a bit wavy. Could very well be that. The next time I have it working unworn I’m going to really give it a thorough running. I have a feeling it’ll run beautifully once it gets over the growing pains (now that the pin thing makes sense)!

The second time I put in the BR Aero I skewed the zipper. Could not unzip the base. Pulled it off over my head to work on it. Make sure it is seated when I zip it now..

s4rmark

I usually take the Binoculars with me when we are out for a walk just for general wildlife/aircraft spotting.The local airport has a heritage hangar where they restore warbirds, mainly Spitfires. They also offer flights in two seat spitfires a Hurricane and a recently acquired two seat P-40.
Great Dubow, great Tee and great pic as always. What do you use the bins for? Seeking out the next jacket? ;)

Saint-ex

LOL!!
a new elevator? Why that’s almost as cool as a new jacket!
Congrats !
I couldn't agree more!

I bought a few months ago an apartment in a building with an elevator that was to be built. And that's it. A few months rather, here we are.

You have a few times compared my build with that of @ties70 , and I secretly envied his almost famous elevator pics !

I can finally compete, well almost :

IMG_9258D.jpeg

B-Man2

I couldn't agree more!

I bought a few months ago an apartment in a building with an elevator that was to be built. And that's it. A few months rather, here we are.

You have a few times compared my build with that of @ties70 , and I secretly envied his almost famous elevator pics !

I can finally compete, well almost :

View attachment 56498
Ok .. it needs a little work, maybe a flatter angle shot but hey ... YOU’VE GOT YOUR OWN ELEVATOR !!! ;)
Congrats !
BTW ... what jacket is that ? It looks like an Eastman Werber 1729.

Last edited: