• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Bombing IP

I lived at Village Green at Geddes and Dixboro for 5 years ,I met many people there that I still stay in touch with since I left in 1995 ,good times .

Rgds jeff

Lorenzo_l

It's cold out there. The ELC 55J14 and a fleece jumper underneath do the trick nicely. This jacket used to be my father's and is at least 25 years old. Tough as old boots. Notice the scalloped pocket flaps. ELC doesn't do them like that anymore. Apologies for the low-quality pic.

20201114_153757 (3).jpg

Bombing IP

We drive by that area a lot! :) Were you in the area for school?

No I was placed there by a NY company at the time I was a Field Service Engineer on CNC grinders .They wanted me to be based close to the big three auto companies for sales and service reasons . Went to most of the auto companies in the area saw a lot of interesting things .I liked Detroit as a city , people mover Greektown and the night life .I was very good friends with the Mayor of Dixboro interesting man , Korean Vet and Bicycle collector among-st other things .

BIP

Nnatalie

No I was placed there by a NY company at the time I was a Field Service Engineer on CNC grinders .They wanted me to be based close to the big three auto companies for sales and service reasons . Went to most of the auto companies in the area saw a lot of interesting things .I liked Detroit as a city , people mover Greektown and the night life .I was very good friends with the Mayor of Dixboro interesting man , Korean Vet and Bicycle collector among-st other things .

BIP

Ah, fair. I grew up around here, and I rather suspect that the company my dad worked for was located here for similar reasons--he was in software engineering and worked on test systems for vehicle emissions. Dixboro is an interesting (tiny) place--I had fun poking around a little antique store the last time I was out that way

newagegeezer

A beautiful warm morning in London so for a trip to the pillar box something a bit different, a corduroy jacket, but not just an ordinary one. I picked this up years ago in a charity shop on a trip to teh States, intrigued by the label and found out that it was same make, but not same style, as teh jacket worn by Elvis on cover of Elvis is Back album, also seen being worn by Eddie Cochran in a photo , the Browser by Sunset House.
What's it doing in this forum, you ask ? -well, it's got leather buttons !
Hope it's a bit of interest anyway

Attachments

• 005 (2).JPG
    005 (2).JPG
    5.1 MB · Views: 116
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    5.2 MB · Views: 123

B-Man2

Charlestown again (it's close to home, my wife can sit in the car and look at the sea, and I can go for a stroll on the beach).
Considerably better weather, good day for the Buzz William Gibson B-10. View attachment 47436View attachment 47437View attachment 47438
Beautiful photos Mikey !
Sitting at home everyday facing restricted travel regulations sucks .
Your photos keep me mindful that there’s a bunch of places I’m going to see once this CV-19 shit goes away !
Keep em coming :)

MikeyB-17

Thanks Burt! Charlestown is also interesting as it has a harbour which is usually full of sailing vessels (they filmed a lot of Poldark here, plus any number of films over the years). What with Winter and COVID, it’s not quite so photogenic at the moment.

B-Man2

You’ve inspired us Mikey!
My wife and I decide to take a long ride to the beach this afternoon just to take a long walk along the ocean . Sometimes you get so caught up in your own little world of issues, that you forget what you have it your own back yard .
Thanks for the head slap ... ;)