• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Smithy

Wested...?

Yup. Bought it in 2015, a custom (so made to my supplied measurements) in their "soft seal brown cowhide" which is seriously lovely leather. I was meant to take pics of it today as a fella over at the COW forum has asked to see it, but I was helping knock down a cottage/cabin today and didn't get time - we only have a few hours of daylight now and the light is a bit sketchy at best. When I take some snaps I post it here too ;-)

Smithy

It’s not cold enough for the full-on Middle Eastern terrorist look yet!

The good thing with that is you can use it as a CV mask!

Mine one is a NZ Army/NZSAS one. Army mate of mine showed me the "best" way to tie it. I wear mine quite a lot. Great scarves and practical too.

MikeyB-17

The good thing with that is you can use it as a CV mask!

Mine one is a NZ Army/NZSAS one. Army mate of mine showed me the "best" way to tie it. I wear mine quite a lot. Great scarves and practical too.
Yeah this desert colour example is a new one-I’ve had an OD one for years. Thousand and one uses in home and garden! :)

Officer Dibley

Thinking more of the era than a colour Tim
A19827EE-1F9E-47C4-AAF8-FC38F6476E0A.jpeg
A504A5C3-BC4B-4C0B-9982-D6CDC1944B8D.jpeg

Officer Dibley

Got my 1942 scarf, loving it. It goes very well with an A-2. Quite short but that’s no problem.

View attachment 47031

Personally i love these short scarves. I find shemaghs way too bulky for my tastes and a big scarf worn with a trim jacket means you either have an inflated chest or wear the scarf outside the jacket.
I have several mint period originals, you wrap it around your neck, cross it over then chuck your jacket on. Very neat.
Dave
44208AE1-0D0D-4AE8-A2FA-ECACA8C88D25.jpeg

Last edited:

jack31916

Personally i love thede short scarves. I find shemaghs way too bulky for my tastes and a big scarf know with a trim jacket means you either have an inflated chest or wear the scarf outside the jacket.
I have several mint originals, you wrap it around your neck, cross it over then chuck your jacket on. Very neat.
Dave
View attachment 47189
Nice Dutch scarf, practically identical to the WW2 British ones. BD stamp stands for Buiten Dienst = Out of Service / salvaged. Correct stitched to make it a Cap Comforter !