• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

B-Man2

I really understand you. Perhaps I'll say a seditious thing for our mad place, but I realized a long time ago that only one good A2 is really needed for me, and not several A2 of different contracts/shades/colors, and so on. And when you wear this jacket as one only, it becomes as comfortable as pajamas, gets “that look” and has all the necessary folds and patina and so on, which is what many of us here strive for. For me, my ELC Star became such a jacket. If I need A2 I put it on and go and it just gets better and better day after day. And there is no agony of choosing which A2 from the closet to choose today. My Hump AVI is a lovely jacket, but I hardly wear it (although I can't part with it) and was interested for me as paint/patch project mostly. I don't mean other jackets (B15,G1, etc.)

Rule #1 No matter how many jackets you own, you can only wear one at a time.
Also refer to rules 3&4;)

Last edited:

London Cabbie

I really understand you. Perhaps I'll say a seditious thing for our mad place, but I realized a long time ago that only one good A2 is really needed for me, and not several A2 of different contracts/shades/colors, and so on. And when you wear this jacket as one only, it becomes as comfortable as pajamas, gets “that look” and has all the necessary folds and patina and so on, which is what many of us here strive for. For me, my ELC Star became such a jacket. If I need A2 I put it on and go and it just gets better and better day after day. And there is no agony of choosing which A2 from the closet to choose today. My Hump AVI is a lovely jacket, but I hardly wear it (although I can't part with it) and was interested for me as paint/patch project mostly. I don't mean other jackets (B15,G1, etc.)
Quite true, but it takes the purchase of 20 odd, jackets to realise (leather, nylon, cloth, wool...etc, all of which I love. Not finished either)

Last edited:

Nickb123

Nick, you ordered Cockpit's Top Gun Heros G-1??
What size?
I tried a 42 at the last airshow and man, what a great jacket. Not a specific original maker repro or anything... But uber cool. Its different than the 100 Missions jacket in a few ways. I found the regular 42 fit beautifully, sleeves were perfect, but did find the body a bit short (as per Cockpit style).
Not cheap!
Will be good to see your pics and review.

44. The seller took my best offer, so got a relatively good deal on the thing. I'd been eyeing it for some time with no inclination to buy one soon, but of course Top Gun came on tv the other day, and, well.....

I saw one of these being worn by a Tom Cruise re-enactor lol. Looked like really good quality from afar.

ausreenactor

No jackets today. Monarch soft and flat as a tack..

20200902_164228.jpg

Aero ready for some more love later. Balmy today and got the lawns out of the way....

20200902_164244.jpg

Griffon_301

Jumpy weather conditions here in Austria: B-15 two days agoy today it's L-2 weather again (BR L-2A XV Tac Recon Voodoo themed) ...
And leaving for a 10 day vacation to Tirol leaves me thinking which jackets to bring along...

Attachments

• 20200902_121504.jpg
    20200902_121504.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 154
  • 20200902_123308.jpg
    20200902_123308.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 140

Pilot

If all goes well, I'm moving to Portugal for a month or 2 this Saturday. Can't decide whether to bring my Dubow A-2 or my G-1. Probably G-1? I'm going to be by the sea where it's windy, that sounds like G-1 territory?
I was stationed in Beja in 1982... all kind of weathers... hot in summer, chilly in the evenings ( also in summer)... cold after Sept.
Bring both... unless the climate is totally screwed up ...and changed...:rolleyes:

Nickb123

Nick, you ordered Cockpit's Top Gun Heros G-1??
What size?
I tried a 42 at the last airshow and man, what a great jacket. Not a specific original maker repro or anything... But uber cool. Its different than the 100 Missions jacket in a few ways. I found the regular 42 fit beautifully, sleeves were perfect, but did find the body a bit short (as per Cockpit style).
Not cheap!
Will be good to see your pics and review.

Initial impressions: best repro veg-tanned goat I've ever seen. Beautiful construction; nothing cheap about it whatsoever. Short, slim waist, but sits at bottom of belt. 10/10. They do run small, like an Eastman 22a for instance. Go up 1-2 sizes.

Greg Gale

Costa da Caparica. I can't bring both, so I'll just bring my G-1. The fur collar will be of good use. I tried to wear my Dubow in Hungary today, but at 26 C it was a bit of an overkill :) However it fits me better and better, it's growing on me.

Brettafett

Initial impressions: best repro veg-tanned goat I've ever seen. Beautiful construction; nothing cheap about it whatsoever. Short, slim waist, but sits at bottom of belt. 10/10. They do run small, like an Eastman 22a for instance. Go up 1-2 sizes.
Pics, Nick, pics

I have been in contact with them about a long version 'Hero' without patches. Possible, but almost as expensive as a GW.

Members online

Latest posts