• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Brettafett

AVI LTHR 'Bronco-esque' A-2. Stands proud among its more high-end family. This is such a great little jacket, especially with its light-weight goatskin. So easy to wear, perfect for those slightly nippy mornings/ evenings, at the change of seasons, when its often too warm for a regular A-2. This jacket gets the most wear over the summer months...
AVILTHRA22020.jpg

Griffon_301

Thank you guys for the compliments!
I was lucky that I got both, my ELC B-15 and my B-15A in used but as new condition about half price from what they cost new, the 15 via ELC classifieds and the 15A from Brice...
I can attest that these are great jackets and dare I say, well worth their money... (Need to check what they cost nowadays...)

Brettafett

Ordered yesterday. I thought model planes would drive off the jackets for a while. Guess not.
Nick, you ordered Cockpit's Top Gun Heros G-1??
What size?
I tried a 42 at the last airshow and man, what a great jacket. Not a specific original maker repro or anything... But uber cool. Its different than the 100 Missions jacket in a few ways. I found the regular 42 fit beautifully, sleeves were perfect, but did find the body a bit short (as per Cockpit style).
Not cheap!
Will be good to see your pics and review.

Flightengineer

Can’t believe it’s nearly a year, 10 months. It feels like a sweatshirt it’s so comfortable. Really I don’t need any other jackets than this, but hey ho...

I really understand you. Perhaps I'll say a seditious thing for our mad place, but I realized a long time ago that only one good A2 is really needed for me, and not several A2 of different contracts/shades/colors, and so on. And when you wear this jacket as one only, it becomes as comfortable as pajamas, gets “that look” and has all the necessary folds and patina and so on, which is what many of us here strive for. For me, my ELC Star became such a jacket. If I need A2 I put it on and go and it just gets better and better day after day. And there is no agony of choosing which A2 from the closet to choose today. My Hump AVI is a lovely jacket, but I hardly wear it (although I can't part with it) and was interested for me as paint/patch project mostly. I don't mean other jackets (B15,G1, etc.)