• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

tjoenn

3C this morning - I don't think I've worn my B-6 even in April before. This is getting rediculous - somebody turn on the heater!!!

IMG_2039.jpg

Smithy

3C this morning - I don't think I've worn my B-6 even in April before. This is getting rediculous - somebody turn on the heater!!!

We had snow over night and more is forecast for today apparently. The better half (nordlending though she is) is very unimpressed and is demanding spring appear. I keep reminding her what it was like back in Melbourne on those 40+ Celsius days and that seems to calm her down a bit ;-)

tjoenn

We had snow over night and more is forecast for today apparently. The better half (nordlending though she is) is very unimpressed and is demanding spring appear. I keep reminding her what it was like back in Melbourne on those 40+ Celsius days and that seems to calm her down a bit ;-)
I lived in Louisiana for 6 years and Perth, WA for 2 years. 44C before I had A/C installed... remember hosing down the house like an idiot to try to lower temps inside a bit :p Still prefer steaming hot weather over the cold as long as there is A/C and/or a pool nearby :)

Smithy

I lived in Louisiana for 6 years and Perth, WA for 2 years. 44C before I had A/C installed... remember hosing down the house like an idiot to try to lower temps inside a bit :p Still prefer steaming hot weather over the cold as long as there is A/C and/or a pool nearby :)

WA is brutal. There's some things I miss about Melbourne but 40+ days are not one of them ;-)

I'm the opposite - I'll take very cold over very hot any day. You can always do stuff to warm up - make a fire, put more clothes on, have sex, eat a pot of warm food, etc. I find less options with super hot.

Mildura hits 44-46 regularly and dives below 0 now and again. Some of those desert winds go right through a B-3

Pah :) You want to experience a strong easterly here in the middle of winter. Because we are so far north (inside the Arctic Circle) we're above the level of the Ural mountains so there's nothing to stop an easterly. It's blown the whole way from Siberia across the steppes to here and by the time it hits it is unlike any wind you have ever felt. Colder than a northerly which is saying something here.

Smithy

I probably should not wear shorts with the two jackets in the middle of Winter? Perhaps something more 'robust'.

Not here Couchy if you ever visit. On really cold days when an easterly is howling even a sheepskin flying jacket like an Irvin has trouble cutting the mustard.

I used to wear shorts and the Irvin in Melbourne - not down to the pub but around the house!

MikeyB-17

Spring has sprung here. Sunshine and blue skies, although the temperature has dropped a bit since the weekend. I had a fairly chilly bike ride yesterday because of the cold breeze. A-2 with a t-shirt maybe, or something lightweight (I generally favour a black Levis type 1 style), but the B-3 has definitely gone back in the wardrobe.

Flightengineer

Your weather is coming to us. Two days of summer warmth tomorrow will be changed by a sharp cooling, preparing G-1 and B-15.

mulceber

And just like that, May weather is back. ELC RW 1401-P.
EC8CB53B-3139-4850-8867-91C188015376.jpeg

6DB8161C-772C-483A-B67C-678E342350EF.jpeg

I’ve been meaning to have Jeremiah give it a Depo-style re-dye and make it a McQueen tribute jacket, since I now have two Russet Rough Wears, but the war horse is so gorgeous I haven’t been able to pull the trigger.

Last edited:

Brettafett

And just like that, May weather is back. ELC RW 1401-P. I’ve been meaning to have Jeremiah give it a Depo-style re-dye and make it a McQueen tribute jacket, since I now have two Russet Rough Wears, but the war horse is so gorgeous I haven’t been able to pull the trigger.
Don't do it!!! J will do a terrific job, but that 1401 is a russet classic! Rather patch it up, Jimmy Stewart style or something. Re-dye it and it will lose its heritage!

btw, I am in the same 'boat' as you M. I tried on my V1 BK Dubow (the one I was selling a few months back) over the weekend again. Man its gorgeous. I have 3 Dubows now, Platon's, BK V1 & V2 Dubow... This V1 has the slightly darker WW2 brown knit and OD thread and is about 0.5" shorter all round compared to the V2 BK Dubow (both 42 longs).
But now I no longer want to sell it. It fits fine really and the Liberty has so much character. Oh, the troubles.... lol