• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

gav

Eastman RW today
CAD1CD15-0E64-444B-AA28-D6B4101C7E3B.jpeg

Flightengineer

Yesterday first outing for just bought Vietnam era Brill Bros. G-1 from 1968 contract.
I had many different G-1s, many was sold, this is one of the most comfy,keeper for sure
Not heavy and very soft goatskin, rusty mouton. Brown color looks a bit different depending on the light.

One of the reasons for the purchase, although not the main one was that we were born with this jacket in the same year :)

Flightengineer

What a great pair of trousers styled after a flight suit!

Yea thanks. They repeat the military flight suit's lower part. They are so many years old that I don’t remember when I bought them, they were light brown new, but since then they have faded and now are much lighter. I traveled a lot and flew a lot wearing them, it’s very comfy, especially when you need to carry something and are too lazy to take a bag, you can put a lot into these huge pockets :)

Tylbor

Yea thanks. They repeat the military flight suit's lower part. They are so many years old that I don’t remember when I bought them, they were light brown new, but since then they have faded and now are much lighter. I traveled a lot and flew a lot wearing them, it’s very comfy, especially when you need to carry something and are too lazy to take a bag, you can put a lot into these huge pockets :)
I totally understand you. I adore coveralls and flight suits especially. I wear them from time to time and the most fun I have when traveling by plane.
Here's a picture of me wearing K-2B suit and G-1 jacket at the Da Vinci Airport in Venice, Italy last year :D

IMG_6754a.jpg

Flightengineer

I totally understand you. I adore coveralls and flight suits especially. I wear them from time to time and the most fun I have when traveling by plane.
Here's a picture of me wearing K-2B suit and G-1 jacket at the Da Vinci Airport in Venice, Italy last year :D

View attachment 36779

Great photo! I have K2B too - this is one of the most comfortable summer flight suit, have also tan CWU-27/p and Russian flight overalls and pants from the Italian flight suit (got it some yars ago from one Italian pilot - exchanged for Russian flight suit at one air show).
This is the most comfortable clothing for traveling or flying on small planes. Sometimes I wear them also in the city, although not very often.
We need to start flight suit's thread :).

Tylbor

Great photo! I have K2B too - this is one of the most comfortable summer flight suit, have also tan CWU-27/p and Russian flight overalls and pants from the Italian flight suit (got it some yars ago from one Italian pilot - exchanged for Russian flight suit at one air show).
This is the most comfortable clothing for traveling or flying on small planes. Sometimes I wear them also in the city, although not very often.
We need to start flight suit's thread :).
Excellent idea!

Tylbor

today no leather (except the boots). on "Deck Watch" today wearing RedWing Iron Rangers, vintage USN "Bell Bottoms" - watchcap is manufactured by BOB DONG and the A2 served on SSBN 622 USS "James Monroe" (Lafayette Class Submarine)

TJjGUN1.jpg

6AuFcoK.jpg
Beautiful jacket! :D
A2 Deck jacket is one of my favourites. They look very cool with stencils and other marks. I bought one last year, NOS, really nice but it lacks something, it's too new. Another one is on its way, rugged and distressed with nice yellow and black lettering on the back. I'll share it as soon as it arrive.