What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Spitfireace

As I type this I wear my Aero 15142-P Real Deal with George Preddy 352nd FG, 487th FS patches. I painted the Donald Duck. The 487th "lil bastard" patch is pretty accurate hand embroidered but not exactly accurate. Closer than I've seen in most cases. I had the zipper replaced with NOS M-42 Talon zipper. I used to wear this jacket since I got it in 2006 a lot. It wasn't until a couple of years ago that I patched it. Now I think I find that I feel a little self conscience in a way about wearing it. Used to be a nice looking jacket nobody really thinks that much about, and then you put patches on it and people think you are some kind of geek who thinks he's a WW2 pilot or something.
20200408_224428.jpg
20200408_224428.jpg

Spitfireace

Well, you know I like to mix it up. Not just one jacket. As it gets hotter maybe only a CWU-36P or the L-2. Always the Tanker jacket. That's my go to.

Wholenineyards

Nice jackets, but I know which one I'd choose.... the bottle of Spitfire in the background !
I got one this morning when shopping, thankfully the muppets hadn't been panic buying those and it will go nicely with my curry on Saturday evening.
I actually like the bottle more than the content, I had the first taste of the ale in a pub in Karlskrona, Sweden, of all places. It does have a special taste, I dare say. I love the Armstrong and Miller jokes, though. Plus, hey, Spitfire... Have you tried Arknell’s Moonlight? Tastes really well, has a Lysander on and a great Story behind it.

Smithy

I actually like the bottle more than the content
I agree. Love the concept, the bottle, the original print/outdoor ad campaign but the beer itself? Meh. It's not bad beer, just not terribly good and I find it's got no body whatsoever, it's very weasel piss, and of course you're paying for the brand rather than the product itself. Their Bishop's Finger is a better brew.

sammy

I actually like the bottle more than the content, I had the first taste of the ale in a pub in Karlskrona, Sweden, of all places. It does have a special taste, I dare say. I love the Armstrong and Miller jokes, though. Plus, hey, Spitfire... Have you tried Arknell’s Moonlight? Tastes really well, has a Lysander on and a great Story behind it.
No Wholenineyards I haven't tried Moonlight, but if I see a bottle I'll get it and drink to your health sir.

Wholenineyards

No Wholenineyards I haven't tried Moonlight, but if I see a bottle I'll get it and drink to your health sir.
That would be a splendid way to correct the immensely pressing problem of “too much beer, not enough air in a bottle”. Your suggestion reflects great credit upon you, Sir. Drink it in good health when the time has come.