• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Smithy

The 334th FS patch

Picked up some very nice natural leather the other week which I'm going to use it to make a 4th FG/334 Sqn patch for one of my B-10s ;)

Not sure whether I'll stencil it like my El P'sstofo t-shirt or whether I'll freehand it.

Speaking of El P'sstofo I was wearing it today (under about a million other layers - snow and minus whatever today)...

62LG7Ks.jpg

Griffon_301

That's a great looking noseart...will surely let ok great on any jacket :)
Need to get my el cheapo B-10 out of the box too. After getting the two ELC B-15 repros it did not get much air time though it's still a nice jacket...

Pls post the result of your stencil/freehand effort once it's finished...oh and btw...did you do that shirt yourself?

Flightengineer

Yup, did it myself last year. It was my first attempt at stencilling something.

With the wintery weather here I've got plans to do another couple of t-shirts and the 334 patch.

Nice, Tim!
Every air modeller is an artist :)
When I have the time and mood, I also paint patches, like last week.

Griffon_301

Yup, did it myself last year. It was my first attempt at stencilling something.

With the wintery weather here I've got plans to do another couple of t-shirts and the 334 patch.

A true work of art...
I got me a plain cheap sweatshirt and will try a stencil myself, albeit a way simpler one for starters...need more navy stuff for wearing underneath the deck jackets and the M-422a/G-1

Smithy

A true work of art...
I got me a plain cheap sweatshirt and will try a stencil myself, albeit a way simpler one for starters...need more navy stuff for wearing underneath the deck jackets and the M-422a/G-1

It's not terribly difficult. Ties gave me a heap of useful advice about paint, etc.

If you want I can shoot you a PM with what you need and how to go about it/techniques, etc.

Happy to help!

Griffon_301

Thanks a lot and no need to hurry...I'll have a week off early in December...till then I won't find much time to try some stencilling anyhow ;)

Smithy

Schott leather pea coat & Arthur Beale beerenberg oiled roll neck
View attachment 26447

Ooh that's rather nice but why do they have to put the damn logo on the chest.

I nearly dragged out the Barnstormer today as the weather was filthy. We'd had snow over the weekend and today was +1 Celsius with sleet and hail, but in the end I settled for the A-2 and submariner mix as I didn't want to hang around outside in it too much. Shocking head cold to boot.

petermack09

Yeah I’m not keen on the logo,if I thought I could unpick it and it wouldn’t be noticeable I would give it a go ,,,

crism1

I think I read somewhere that the chest-logo is only on the EU Schott line, which isnt actually made in Europe, but somewhere impossible to find out between Pakistan and Chinan.