• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

ties70

Really looking Forward to the new jacket

Me too.

If I understood it correctly, the goatskin is a brand new version, new tannery and process, made in a combination of chrome and vegetable tanning...seems to have a rather matte surface, but we will see when the jacket finally arrives here in Hamburg.... Update of Tracking # says "Package has left DHL station"

Jorgeenriqueaguilera

Great jacket, I have the opposite of yours - I can wear junglejacket 3% of the time only :) Many years I bought 2 originals - the 2d pattern poplin with epaulettes with a long sleeve and 3 pattern poplin version with a short sleeve for the USAF. There was a period when I worked in North Africa and there they were my favs jackets, used a lot, especially when I traveled. Great jackets for the hot weather and a very thoughtful design, perhaps the best. Now I take sometime one of my jungle jackets on vacation.
Yes, def a great design, such a classic! I got 2 from the same model, I cut the sleeves on this one for trips and the other one is stored when I need a replacement... although this fabric lasts forever!

MikeyB-17

Jeff if you are interested in purchase some RAMMSTEIN fan-stuff i can Forward the respective Homepage to you - didn't check whether they ship international but if necessary you can let them send to me and i'll Forward 'em to you

i got so much Support in the Forum before so - off Course i'm also happy to lend-hand to any members

RAMMSTEIN what a band. Would love to see them live.

Smithy

Crap photo but I just took it now as it's not long since I got home and chucked this on the floor as I was wearing it all today. Now it's nothing special and the jacket snobs will frown hugely. It's a WPG and apparently one of the first 6 or so that they made as a template for their first A-2. I don't know whether this is horseshit or not but I heard that the very first ones were different from those that went into regular production, and this is certainly different as I brought another one for a mate on the back of getting this and it wasn't a patch on this. Lots of the little details are off but the pattern is great, the goatskin drapes beautifully, the workmanship on it is simply outstanding and it's built like a brick shithouse. I was moving some timber today wearing it as I know it's nearly bulletproof. I put a Perry label in it - it's not a Perry but I had the label, put the AAF stencil and inspector's stamp in it and stencilled my name in the lining as well. It's not nearly as accurate as some of my other jackets but it's one of those jackets that you end up loving anyway.

tjwCkZr.jpg

An added bonus is that it fits me and looks a lot like this when I wear it in terms of pattern and drape so I really can't complain too much. Maybe the best 150 bucks I've spent.

7ZenYav.png

Last edited:

Smithy

Fit pics?

I'll do one tomorrow in the daylight and when I can bribe my daughter or someone to take one! The pattern on this really is lovely. I'm really not exaggerating when I say it fits like the original A-2 in the photo above. It fits me just like that one in terms of lengths, trimness. The knits although terrifically robust let it down but I have a set of Larry's for it when they give up the ghost.

mulceber

I'm really not exaggerating when I say it fits like the original A-2 in the photo above. It fits me just like that one in terms of lengths, trimness. The knits although terrifically robust let it down but I have a set of Larry's for it when they give up the ghost.

I believe you; the current WPG offerings look pretty shoddy, but I could imagine that the test run managed to nail the fit, if not the details, of originals.