• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Edward

Wearing my original United Sheeplined with Allen Edmonds strand shoes, and a pair of Joseph A. Banks high-wasted trousers that I found at a thrift store for just a few dollars.
oh man, to be wearing an original! thats fantastic and looks perfect on you! I hope to get a few casual days to wear my original I. Spiewak & Sons. it won't get much wearing but it'll be a shame not to a few times before I'm deceased. lol!

mulceber

oh man, to be wearing an original! thats fantastic and looks perfect on you! I hope to get a few casual days to wear my original I. Spiewak & Sons. it won't get much wearing but it'll be a shame not to a few times before I'm deceased. lol!

What’s stopping you right now? :)

mulceber

Oof, yeah, especially not 80 year old leather. I was even pushing it in my neck of the woods, where it peaked at 75 today.

Last edited:

Edward

Oof, yeah, especially not 80 year old leather. I was even pushing it in my neck of the woods, where it peaked at 75.
about 8 more weeks and I should start seeing some leather weather days... hopefully. living on the coast is a crap shoot. just depends on which direction the wind is blowing from... if from the south or south east then humid and warm... if from the west, dry and warm... if from the North: Leather Weather! :p

Smithy

I believe you; the current WPG offerings look pretty shoddy, but I could imagine that the test run managed to nail the fit, if not the details, of originals.

The production ones are/were not very nice. I bought another one on the back of this one and it was entirely different, leather, workmanship. My first one is very different.

I know the photo above isn't the greatest but if you click on it it will blow up and hopefully you can see the red undertones coming through on the leather in high wear areas. The goat on this is really lovely, it's also ageing beautifully. The second one I bought of these was a sad shock as it was typical cheaper leather with that grey undertone to the leather when you scratch through the top coat.

Edward

Man, nothing like the leather jacket hobby to make you hate summer, huh?
exactly. I've disliked it anyway and the older I get the less I can tolerate the heat... I live in the wrong part of the country. but now that I have a few A-2s I groan a lot when looking at the calendar.

mulceber

The production ones are/were not very nice. I bought another one on the back of this one and it was entirely different, leather, workmanship. My first one is very different.

Yeah, I wonder what happened? My only guess is that maybe they got negative feedback from newbies who didn’t know any better, and went for something cheap and modern looking.

exactly. I've disliked it anyway and the older I get the less I can tolerate the heat... I live in the wrong part of the country. but now that I have a few A-2s I groan a lot when looking at the calendar.

Most of the time when I open up the weather app on my phone it seems like I'm looking to see what days will be jacket weather.

Edward

Crap photo but I just took it now as it's not long since I got home and chucked this on the floor as I was wearing it all today.

tjwCkZr.jpg

I'm inspired! Its Crumpled A-2 Jacket on the Floor Time!

here we goooooo...... who's next?
IMG_7187.JPG