• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

AlexLutov

Hello everyone,today, get this jacket,the name of the manufacturer on the label of fiction,I had polozenia what is an Aero early production,I contacted Aero in histogram and they confirmed that it is their manufacturing of the 90s..very interesting jacket,perfect job,clear lines,lines, it's aerobatics)) I would be interested in your opinion. Also I wonder why the manufacturer is not listed on the tag?
IMG-20181031-WA0013.jpg
IMG-20181101-WA0014.jpg
IMG-20181101-WA0016.jpg

Ken at Aero Leather

Hello everyone,today, get this jacket,the name of the manufacturer on the label of fiction,I had polozenia what is an Aero early production,I contacted Aero in histogram and they confirmed that it is their manufacturing of the 90s..very interesting jacket,perfect job,clear lines,lines, it's aerobatics)) I would be interested in your opinion. Also I wonder why the manufacturer is not listed on the tag?View attachment 11226 View attachment 11227 View attachment 11228

Hi Alex

Yes it is Aero, I'm guessing by the label that this was trainee made in the early 90s as we stopped using this label in the late 80s but, as far as I can recall we didn't get Spun Silk lining until around 1991 or 92 by which time our regular qualified machinists would all have been fitting Aero labels.
Is the cuff tubular or seamed, that might help nail the date
The contract number is a work of fiction.

Ken

Last edited:

AlexLutov

Hi Alex

Yes it is Aero, I'm guessing by the label that this was trainee made in the early 90s as we stopped using this label in the late 80s but, as far as I can recall we didn't get Spun Silk lining until around 1991 or 92 by which time our regular qualified machinists would all have been fitting Aero labels.
Is the cuff tubular or seamed, that might help nail the date
The contract number is a work of fiction.

Ken
Hi Ken, thanks for the answer,it's important to me. Here are some additional photos.
PB090911.JPG
PB090907.JPG
PB090907.JPG
PB090908.JPG
PB090909.JPG
PB090910.JPG
PB090912.JPG
PB090921.JPG

GARY WELLS

My favorite jacket is a Type G-1 Goatskin with the Rust Brown Fleece Collar
SPEC. MIL-J-7823C (WEP)
FSN 8415-268-7801
STAR SPORTSWEAR MFG. CO.
CONTRACT NO. DSA 100-599
Size 44
A 1962 Contract probably issued to my uncle in 1964.
The dark brown knit cuffs had to be replaced at some point about 10 years ago.
The leather in this jacket is far superior to the late 1960’s dated and 1970’s dated leather G-1 Flight Jackets that I have.

B-Man2

Thanks a lot B-Man2. These are all I've got now and I doubt I'll buy more for a very long time. Need to diligently wear all of my jackets so that they look better ;)
NKang
I can’t tell you how many times I said those same words only to buy into the next latest and greatest A2 deal. I now have WAY too many jackets and I’m still looking for the next deal:eek:

Last edited:

zoomer

Took the US-Authentic AN-J-4 (one of my warmest jackets) out for a good walk in 25°F (-4°C) with a good wind chill. Stayed warm even with only a tencel pullover and microfiber tee underneath. The kicker tho - in Minneapolis our cold is damp. Came back sweated thru. Shearlings are not so popular hereabouts and this is why.

Here is the AN-J-4. Previous owner, a horsey type, mistakenly applied tack oil to the sheepskin finish, which turned it to a kind of nubuck (nu-ewe, if ewe will). One day I may have it redone but it is kind of handsome in its way...

5288320211_3c44e45c4b_b.jpg

Last edited:

Ken at Aero Leather

Hi Alex

The pics help with the dating but it moves the date forward.
The leather is Jerky Horse, we didn't get this until the mid 1990s. The combo of leather & label suggest it was a preproduction sample of the Jerky, circa 1996(?) the lack of Aero on the label is the sort of thing we do with a clearance or a previously untried/untested leather. I assume there is no white machinist's tag inside the pocket?
As it turned out the Jerky is one of the nicest A-2 leathers we've ever used, the graining speaks for itself, looks like you've got a fairly unique jacket, the more you wear it the better it'll look
Ken

silvio76

NKang
I can’t tell you how many times I said those same words only to buy into the next latest and greatest A2 deal. I now have WAY too many jackets and I’m still looking for the next deal:eek:
Same with me, except i would not deduct G-1 deal.

AlexLutov

Hi Alex

The pics help with the dating but it moves the date forward.
The leather is Jerky Horse, we didn't get this until the mid 1990s. The combo of leather & label suggest it was a preproduction sample of the Jerky, circa 1996(?) the lack of Aero on the label is the sort of thing we do with a clearance or a previously untried/untested leather. I assume there is no white machinist's tag inside the pocket?
As it turned out the Jerky is one of the nicest A-2 leathers we've ever used, the graining speaks for itself, looks like you've got a fairly unique jacket, the more you wear it the better it'll look
Ken
Hello Ken, thanks for the reply! I am very glad, really in a pocket too there are no tags.