• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

MeachamLake

They are great jackets, those ELC M422as, really are... but to be completely honest... Headwind's M422as beat it hands down. IMO... Cheaper also (but for how long).
I owned both, and was able to compare them side by side. Nothing wrong with the ELC, please don't misunderstand, top tier... just that the HW is on the next-rung-of-the-ladder so to speak.

I also went long on my ELC.

The Headwind stuff is really nice - he does some great work! Once you take into account taxes and shipping though, the price difference isn't that huge.

The main advantage to me is how quickly and efficient ELC are to deal with - Rob can send me out a stock regular size of pretty much any jacket for me to try on, and then we work out what length will suit me best over the phone/ emailing photos. Being 6 foot 3, this is worth the price premium alone! :)

Brettafett

Riiiight, you're in the UK! You are absolutely correct there! Price difference, all taken in account is hardly worth a mention.
Rob is great to work with and being able to try on a jacket and make small mods, makes complete sense! You know exactly what you will get.
Just wish ELC would incl some genuine vintage mouton... But hell, thats a small niggle...

Pilot

Blue N-3A in XXL available...
Mint mint unmessed... wearing it ( also in posts here ) in uniform and tie/jacket suits...
No upgrade possible...
A real investment... ( check pricings...)

MeachamLake

Blue N-3A in XXL available...
Mint mint unmessed... wearing it ( also in posts here ) in uniform and tie/jacket suits...
No upgrade possible...
A real investment... ( check pricings...)

You have one for sale? Original or repro? I'm interested if so.

Pilot

You have one for sale? Original or repro? I'm interested if so.
Repro?
Never saw a N-3A or N-2A as a decent Korea War repro except from The Real Mc Coy‘s ... and then... the originals are a better deal...
Mine are sure Originals from Korea War time...

Pilot

Mint mint mint N-3A in XXL almost unworn...is a real stunner.. maybe not for what some of the VLJ members expect in spending...
In americania mad Korea-Japan.. another story..
I give it a chance here anyway...
Always happy to receive PM‘s

Last edited:

Ken at Aero Leather

They are great jackets, those ELC M422as, really are... but to be completely honest... Headwind's M422as beat it hands down. IMO... Cheaper also (but for how long).
I owned both, and was able to compare them side by side. Nothing wrong with the ELC, please don't misunderstand, top tier... just that the HW is on the next-rung-of-the-ladder so to speak.

Seriously?????????????

Wholenineyards

IMG_2966.JPG
GW A-2 on splendid, comfortable autumn day... close to the body but not overly restrictive. I have a very compact upper body structure that probably cannot be compared to the regular, slim and trim wearer of the 40s... it is a substantial jacket in a size 46 (crafted by JC to my measurements) with a genuine leather smell and feel. I love it.

Steve27752

View attachment 10229 GW A-2 on splendid, comfortable autumn day... close to the body but not overly restrictive. I have a very compact upper body structure that probably cannot be compared to the regular, slim and trim wearer of the 40s... it is a substantial jacket in a size 46 (crafted by JC to my measurements) with a genuine leather smell and feel. I love it.
Already looking like an original.