• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Pa12

This was here 2 weeks ago...

15404502.webp
I’d definitely be buying a snowblower. Cheaper then a heart attack.

Chandler

You guys historically get hammered pretty good with snow as I recall
We have in the past, but in the last few years it's been later than usual (other than unexpected cold and snowfalls on Halloween) -- and the typical cold snaps have been holding off.

Smithy

I’d definitely be buying a snowblower. Cheaper then a heart attack.

I turned up to work and it took me 50 minutes to dig my work 4x4 out of the snow before I even started my shift.

Most have snowblowers here because of the large snowfall.

Pa12

I turned up to work and it took me 50 minutes to dig my work 4x4 out of the snow before I even started my shift.

I bought a new one around 99 or 2000. Right after they called the army out because of a record snowstorm. Still runs perfect. Best 1000 bucks I ever spent.

Pa12

I worked primarily outside, year round from when I was 16 until I packed it in at 60. I’ve had my fill. If I could afford it I’d piss off to Arizona for 6 months every year and wouldn’t miss the snow one bit.

Smithy

I bought a new one around 99 or 2000. Right after they called the army out because of a record snowstorm. Still runs perfect. Best 1000 bucks I ever spent.

Yup, couldn't agree more. Absolutely essential bit of kit in these (and your climes) unless you want to have a heart attack.

Pa12

If you do , go big. The bigger the better. A snowblower is one of those things where you’ll never say “I wish I got a smaller one”.

Blackboxr1200S

@One-eyed Jack

Sorry for the late reply, just got home.

The "pooch" is actually my wife's, but she's working Saturdays, asked me to take the puppy for a walk.
As you can see, sun was out today here in Belgium.

And about the interesting B-10, well... the jacket is made by our friend Shawn @ fivestar.
Warm and comfy lined.

If Shawn is still on here, I would like to thank him for putting that little extra service.
There was a little mix-up with sizing (my fault, couldn't decide) I sent the jacket back to 5star in Dusseldorf Germany.
He could have sent me the standard of the rack B-10 from Germany in size 42, but since I hinted loving a more dark brown nice mouton collar, he got one made in Pakistan, just like I wanted and ship that one to Belgium.
Very much appreciated!

IMG_20231223_135454-EDIT.jpg
IMG_20231223_103309.jpg

Smithy

I worked primarily outside, year round from when I was 16 until I packed it in at 60. I’ve had my fill. If I could afford it I’d piss off to Arizona for 6 months every year and wouldn’t miss the snow one bit.

I like snow just so long as there's not too much of the bloody stuff.

When it's bad winter weather here, I try and remember 40+ Celsius in Melbourne when all the insects, spiders and snakes came out and it was too bloody hot to do anything.

Pa12

When it's bad winter weather here, I try and remember 40+ Celsius in Melbourne when all the insects, spiders and snakes came out and it was too bloody hot to do anything.
Hell of a change. One extreme to the other.

ZuZu

Are you from Melbourne? I have a friend there- my Jedi Master of all things Canine- which is my other obsession.

John Luder

@One-eyed Jack

Sorry for the late reply, just got home.

The "pooch" is actually my wife's, but she's working Saturdays, asked me to take the puppy for a walk.
As you can see, sun was out today here in Belgium.

And about the interesting B-10, well... the jacket is made by our friend Shawn @ fivestar.
Warm and comfy lined.

If Shawn is still on here, I would like to thank him for putting that little extra service.
There was a little mix-up with sizing (my fault, couldn't decide) I sent the jacket back to 5star in Dusseldorf Germany.
He could have sent me the standard of the rack B-10 from Germany in size 42, but since I hinted loving a more dark brown nice mouton collar, he got one made in Pakistan, just like I wanted and ship that one to Belgium.
Very much appreciated!

View attachment 132239View attachment 132243
That's what I got, without the left shoulder decal, which was the state of the real one I had in the '70s, as well as my stepfather's, from the 15th AAF.