• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

ZuZu

This is a 5 year old GW Aero 18775p. It really captures the essential Aero stuff- very slighty short-bodied, broad shouldered, high pockets.

20230609_133310.jpg

John Luder

Here's my second 5* AN-6552, in seal. This one, I did not soak and throw in the dryer.
I went for the 'cognac' cotton lining. That single layer of knit at the waist is taking some getting used to.
I took a pass on their US printed on the collar as theirs looks too nicely done.
The stenciling jobs some of our homies have posted herein recently are absolutely splendid work, and done to match a real jacket, such as a G&F.
I prefer the yellow, strictly as a matter of personal preference. I think the haphazard, hand-stenciled look has a better feel than the 5* machine lettering. I'm not trying to make anything look like the real deal, as I would if I were in charge of wardrobing the principals in a movie.
And speaking of fantasies: the patch and name are from a novel for which I assisted a bit with the military chapters. It's set at the end of the war and back home in Hollywood in the year after.
It's You Must Remember This by Martin Turnbull. It'll make a great netflix, or Hallmark, movie.
The main character was on the US Lanternfish, which didn't exist, and Polk was the fictional skipper.
I designed and executed the fish to mimic the cartoon "mascot"? most boats had during the war.
BTW, that gray blanket appearing above the hedge is the Southern California sky, typical of May Gray and June Gloom. Normally visible in that space would be blue skies and Boney Mountain, part of the Santa Monica Mountain Range.
These months are how I can wear my A-2 at the airport during the day, and this beast at night. But not quite cold enough for the B-10. Mid-July onward tho, and we'll be in the 90s and low 100s, till early November.
Cheers,
John

IMG_9133.jpg
IMG_9134.jpg

CombatWombat

I'm wearing my Cal Leathers "RoadKing"
The temperature where I am is too cold for my A1 but not cold enough for my "Gestapo" coat.
The nice thing is I can adjust it to the weather by zipping out the Teddy Bear lining and popping off the fur collar