• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

CombatWombat

That "Broad Arrow" mark has been the British marking on all official HMG-issued property for centuries.
Convicts' pajamas/prison garb, issued by HMG in Oz, were covered with stamps of the arrows.
I've most often seen W /|\ D, for War Department.
Without extensive research, it appears that BG is code that denotes the country or theater where it was made, or the bureau of origin.
All ADF clothing and equipment still have the good old "Crow's Foot" marking it as government property to this Day
And half the bricks in both Sydney and Hobart have the marking as well since the convict brickworks supplied ALOT of bricks for the first 20-40 years

Micawber

GW RW 27752 recently acquired from a fellow, and very, very kind VLJ member to whom I am very, very grateful. This one is a keeper.

Thank you Sir, you are a gentleman.

IMG_0317.jpeg

John Luder

Ahoy, Maties; a question that's nautical but nice.
I removed the St. Christopher medal from my One-eyed Jack A-2 and replaced it with St. Michael, the patron saint of flyers.

QUERY: For you creative types, I'm looking for ideas to attach the St. Chris to my submariner's 6552.
I can't find a decent looking St. Brendan-the-Navigator medal for my submariner, so I'll use St. Chris in the meantime.
For balance, as with the St. Michael on the right collar, I want to have the St. Chris in a position that's relatively close to the photo.
I don't want to hang it from the leather zipper strap. For one thing, the strap could get snagged while zipped or partially zipped.
I'm not averse to punching holes, stitching something on, etc.
By way of editing a previous, I should have properly identified the fictitious submarine as the USS Lanternfish, not the US. Too late to edit the original and I feel frightfully dreadful, not to mention cheap and dirty, but I'll save that part for Confession on Friday evening.
Another BTW, I used isopropyl to further distress the collar stencil and make it look less like it was machine lettered by Five Star.

Have at it, Chaps.
Mahalo, as they say in the Sandwich Isles.
IMG_9167.jpg
IMG_9168.jpg

JonnyCrow

My wife wants to move to Long Island, where her family is/are. Over my dead body. Hot, muggy summers, back-breaking, snow-shoveling freezing winters. Cal sux, but better the devil you know. But it was a killer today in Camarillo. It was 73 degrees and about 73% humidity. I thought I'd freakin die. I was looking forward to wearing my 6552, or at least my A-2. Good God, I had to strip down to khaki trousers and a short-sleeved shirt. Man, it's a friggin' bitch to live in this weather. And so near the coast, too. What did I do to deserve this sort of punishment?
Welcome to my world haha this morning 5am 22c this week max temps 38c no jackets I just have a permanent Gilligans Island outfit haha