• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is Capeskin? It's not Lamb, Goat, or common Sheep Skin.

Julius

Jay, I know you will not answer who is your tanner. Nevermind, don't say anything. No need to reply to me. I made my point. Now let's wait to see when the other maker makes his evidence available. They said they will keep me posted. And then we discuss again.

Julius

Edward, if you don't like what's on here change the channel. Read a book or something.
But stop whining. This is a situation like Aero's storse story, people have been had. It's serious.

Edward

Does anyone know if Batmans cape is made from capeskin?
dude! everyone knows those tiny bubbles on Batman's cape are proof that its made from a specific Pteropodidae of the order Chiroptera... more specifically the genera Acerodon and Pteropus! They are the only member of the superfamily Pteropodoidea, which is one of two superfamilies in the suborder Yinpterochiroptera. Bat skins can be sold as such but everyone knows Batman uses only real imported fruit bat skins! dummy!

:p :D

Julius

Funny Edward, I am sure you laugh with those who bought Skyhawk merinos while wearing your ELC A-1. :p:D

ha ha over and out.

Persimmon

Jay, I know you will not answer who is your tanner. Nevermind, don't say anything. No need to reply to me. I made my point. Now let's wait to see when the other maker makes his evidence available. They said they will keep me posted. And then we discuss again.

It’s all very well to harp on ( and believe me .... you have ) about not getting answers and information but what about answering my questions which you so carefully avoided earlier.

To repeat -
What books have you read. Or are they research documents ?

Can you supply a list so we can all be as clever and knowledgable please ?
Would love to read up on this.

Also. Who have you asked ?
Can you offer contact info on these Capeskin experts please ?

I await with bubbled anticipation !!!!!!!!

Edward

Funny Edward, I am sure you laugh with those who bought Skyhawk merinos while wearing your ELC A-1. :p:D

ha ha over and out.
ELC A-2. Horsehide. War Horse so probably French Percheron or Belgian Draft... but if I was later told it was cow hide I wouldn't give a crap. I'm not that particular. its processed dead animal skin and I wear it well. ;)

B-Man2

B-Man 2, you go ahead and buy your merino from that guy. Or even better buy one from Himel.

And I will buy whatever I like to buy.
Skyhawk, your leather is not capeskin and I bet you anything you want. It's a pity trying to fool these people. Pity to try to take advantage of their unlimited stupidity (right B-Man2?)

Skyhawk or Jay or whatever your name is, who is your tanner? So I can ask him if what he sells is capeskin. Let's see what he will say.
Julius
You and I have gone head to head a couple of times over your inaccurate statements and lack of knowledge on several jacket related topics, on which you were proven wrong, but refused to accept any reasonable explanation or response. I honestly don’t mind engaging in debates with less informed people like yourself, in an effort to help them learn more about this hobby. But what really frosts my ass, is your rudeness and your propensity to stir up shit on a weekly basis on this little forum. Your comments like “ Got That!” and your pompous superior attitude and belief that we are obligated to demonstrate and prove our knowledge to someone like yourself, who makes his assumptions unencumbered by any reason or logic is pathetic. I honestly don’t understand what you are trying to accomplish here . You crawl out from under your rock, stir up some shit and then crawl back under your rock to await the next unsuspecting member who attempts to post some informative data or information that might be of real benefit to us all. You would be far better served to learn a bit more about some of these subjects, before you set out to challenge and offend forum members and jacket manufacturers alike with your rude and ridiculous comments that make you look like a fool. Now I’m going to make an effort to start you off on the proper footing here with some basic data on identifying hides so that next time you care to challenge a skilled craftsman and jacket manufacturer you’ll at least be armed with some accurate and relevant data.
So watch carefully Julius here’s your first lesson in hide identification :

GOATSKIN
47D523BA-A68C-4DF1-B16F-5686DF832C4E.jpeg

ALLIGATOR
661E746C-6DE8-467F-A68E-A5520AF05DF9.jpeg

Now Julius practice on this for a week or two and then we’ll move on to Capeskin .
No need to thank me Julius it’s what we do for the less Knowledgable here on VLJ:D

Persimmon

After a weekend in the sunshine I am worried.

I think I am turning into a genuine ( approved by the secret repro company who is the only one to use real Capeskin !!!! ) capesheep.

Yes I know it’s impossible but look - genuine straight line bubble marks that our famous expert here tells us is called ribbiness that run across the skins, and which cannot be faked by the tanneries.

It’s not fake news or some Photoshop conspiracy.

Am I am Capeskin or a capesheep etc etc.
I know I am not a goat or a horse or a cow.

Woe is me !

E87693B6-69E4-4AB1-AEEE-3B1C33A7E087.jpeg

jeremiah

Platon is not offering Capeskin as a choice of hide for the dubow last I checked.
Pm me for my address for the $10.;)

Skyhawk

Maybe we can make a bet on who the elusive repro company is?

I'll put $10 that it's Platon.

I won't speculate but I will say that there is a Mfg that already claims to have the only genuine Capeskin on the market. They also use "Ribbiness" in their description.

It will be interesting to see how it plays out, if it in fact happens.

Falcon_52

I won't speculate but I will say that there is a Mfg that already claims to have the only genuine Capeskin on the market. They also use "Ribbiness" in their description.

It will be interesting to see how it plays out, if it in fact happens.
I think you and Rutger found the answer. I had a suspicion that this was where we were headed (back on page 2 already). By the way, I really like my Headwind Air Associates jacket in chestnut capeskin. I pulled it out of the closet yesterday since we had some cooler weather move in. It felt effortless to wear.

Noel