• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What do you guys think about the Bronson D-1 ?

Dumpster D

So just over half a gw by the time it’s shipped. But, 1000 bucks is a lot of money for something you may not be happy with. Going by my own jacket history.

No question I'm gonna start saving up for a GW B-3 next, despite how bad I want an A-2 or Irvin, or D-1 or B-6 next.

Also, to raise a practical question common asked, at this point. Does the forum have like a monthly AA meeting for recovering Jacket addicts? o_O

mulceber

Have yet to see a secondhand ELC D-1 up for sale, maybe once? I see Real McCoys, but they're always a size 38.
I've definitely seen them come up a couple times here for sale. I'm sure John Lever could put you in touch with someone.
Also, to raise a practical question common asked, at this point. Does the forum have like a monthly AA meeting for recovering Jacket addicts? o_O
See most of the thread "My last A-2 (Hopefully) - Good Wear". ;)

B-Man2

No question I'm gonna start saving up for a GW B-3 next, despite how bad I want an A-2 or Irvin, or D-1 or B-6 next.

Yes ……..,..theres a 12 step program that involves you giving away one of your jackets on a monthly basis ……..,.,
What size are you ?
;)

Spitfireace

So just over half a gw by the time it’s shipped. But, 1000 bucks is a lot of money for something you may not be happy with. Going by my own jacket history.
It's just over a thousand Canadian. For two hundred more you can get an Aero and get it custom made. Everything else made by Bronson is half or third the price of everybody else. So I don't see the value in their leather offerings.

Shanghai-Mayne

About Half month ago, I was thinking grab a D-1 or B-6 with that price tag o_O
Other shearing jacket simply too warm for me.

ludospeed

Who you callin' Cheap? :rolleyes:

Anyway, I didn't buy it as a luxiry status symbol, I bough it for daily driving, to rock out as a work jacket.

Yesterday, I received multiple positive comments about my FS D-1

Came out of a record shop and two 'workin' boys standing there, one of them said 'Hey I like your Jacket' and I stopped and turned and said Thanks, and where I got it from.

In a flea market an older gentleman said with de tick Quebec accent, e say "ah, pilot jacket"

I explained ne pas, is pour le Mechanic. Ici D-1 ...and showed him the tag ect.

Vintage! I said, he repeated 'vintage' slightly in his best english accent.
Everyone has qualities and faults. Like the manufacturers of reproduction jackets.
The price is overrated. For the low quality .