• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What do you guys think about the Bronson D-1 ?

B-Man2

Dumpster D

Looks like their prices are slowly increasing with each new release .

That's fine as long as the longevity of the actual sheepskin outlasts a few decades, and price is reflective of higher grade material.

Hate to say it, but the FS D-1 finish looks like it's going to wear into suede in relatively short order (That might look cool, or not, I can't say) It's early to tell yet, but we'll see how long it lasts, it seems to lose the finish pretty easy. Although I tend to be pretty hard on my Jackets. I guess it can be re-finished by hand at some point if it doesn't look as cool as a timeworn ELC or GW for example?

If the bronson hide is nice an stiff and wears and cracks apart like an original then it's worth a few dollars more.

Dumpster D

the cheap brand for the cheap people. :p :D

Who you callin' Cheap? :rolleyes:

Anyway, I didn't buy it as a luxiry status symbol, I bough it for daily driving, to rock out as a work jacket.

Yesterday, I received multiple positive comments about my FS D-1

Came out of a record shop and two 'workin' boys standing there, one of them said 'Hey I like your Jacket' and I stopped and turned and said Thanks, and where I got it from.

In a flea market an older gentleman said with de tick Quebec accent, e say "ah, pilot jacket"

I explained ne pas, is pour le Mechanic. Ici D-1 ...and showed him the tag ect.

Vintage! I said, he repeated 'vintage' slightly in his best english accent.

Pa12

Who you callin' Cheap? :rolleyes:

Anyway, I didn't buy it as a luxiry status symbol, I bough it for daily driving, to rock out as a work jacket.

Yesterday, I received multiple positive comments about my FS D-1

Came out of a record shop and two 'workin' boys standing there, one of them said 'Hey I like your Jacket' and I stopped and turned and said Thanks, and where I got it from.

In a flea market an older gentleman said with de tick Quebec accent, e say "ah, pilot jacket"

I explained ne pas, is pour le Mechanic. Ici D-1 ...and showed him the tag ect.

Vintage! I said, he repeated 'vintage' slightly in his best english accent.
Where are you? I thought all the kebekkers congregated in Florida.

coolhandluke

IMO if buying new, I'd much rather purchase an Aero for only $150 USD more. After owning several pieces from Bronson, I think the pricing on their B6 and D1 are a bit detached from reality, but they still seem to sell out regardless of that fact.