• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Were's Pedro???

C.J.

A2_newbie said:
Tranquility Base said:
hOW;s abowt dis den'?
Aye've jist reecived a masage frm da 'moduraters' to cleayn up mi act.
So, on that nowt, I'm of for gut; dis no plaice fur me.
Buybye.

Why are the good guys getting sacked, while people like rotenhahn are still under the bridge? Doesn't appear to be very fair.

Rotenhahn speaks his mind, but I like that in a person. If you ever ask the guy a question, he bends way over backward to be helpful. He certainly has with me.

Chandler

A2_newbie said:
Not from where I sit. With quotes from Hitler and his anti-Semitic dribble, they world could afford to lose him.

Well, not being one to spend time sticking up for Rote (as if he couldn't do it himself), I'll have to say that I'm pretty sure his quote from Adolph is more to make a point against tyranny, not support an evil dictator.

To his anti-Semitism, I must have been successful at avoiding those posts. That sort of hate is ignorant.

Chandler

bseal

A2_newbie, are you of Judaic heritage?! From someone who is and has personal dealings with Rotenhahn on a significant basis, his lack of endorsement for U.S.A.'s policy towards Israel is not in itself anti-semitic. If you haven't thought it through, his incendiary posts are clearly intended to agitate and to stimulate discussion. He is a staunch supporter of free speech. His quotes ask you to cogitate on current and past world events and discern noticeable parallels.

"If man makes himself a worm he must not complain when he is trodden on."

-Immanuel Kant

Vcruiser

bseal said:
A2_newbie, are you of Judaic heritage?! From someone who is and has personal dealings with Rotenhahn on a significant basis, his lack of endorsement for U.S.A.'s policy towards Israel is not in itself anti-semitic. If you haven't thought it through, his incendiary posts are clearly intended to agitate and to stimulate discussion. He is a staunch supporter of free speech. His quotes ask you to cogitate on current and past world events and discern noticeable parallels.

-Immanuel Kant

Huh..? How'd he get that job.....?
VB

Chandler

A2_newbie said:
It appears to me that there are some golden haired lads here that can do no ill,

Funny how that's a common misconception by new-comers to internet discussion forums, no matter the main subject.

Chandler

bseal

[/quote]

No, but I'm not black either, but I still wouldn't fancy being called a 'Nigger'.[/quote]

Here you are defending the Jews and passive aggressively attacking my father's blood line? Think before you write.

A

Anonymous

I've been warned- I have a cloud hanging over my head but this latest thing is just too much- like fighting with a 12 year old- ("I'm young and cool and idealistic- you're OLD and MEAN!"). Lately the forum's become like some weird corollary to the Woody Allen quote: "Any club which wouldn't have the likes of Tranquility and p40 is no club for me!" So- see ya!

Chandler

A2_newbie said:
Do 400 posts make you wiser somehow?

Maybe not, but maybe 10,000 posts and 5 years at two different forums (one where I moderate) might. I see the misconception pretty often.

But the point you miss is that not anyone is golden haired and can do no wrong, even moderators.

Chandler

TankBuster

Funny how this thread was started by asking a simple question
by a forum member wondering where another has gone. And now it's turned into this B.S.

SuinBruin

A2_newbie, can you point to a quote by rotenhahn you consider anti-semitic? I'd like to judge for myself but don't have time to wade through a bunch of posts.

Anti-semitism aside, I find it somewhat refreshing that this forum is a little more rough-and-tumble than other places, and rotenhahn's candor (and, yes, abrasiveness) is part and parcel of it. Hey, it's just an internet forum, after all....

TankBuster

I've seen the whole I quit thing so many times from so many members that keep coming back, I mean c'mon. Everyone just needs to relax and remember this forum is about collecting and wearing flight jackets for crying out loud! I find it almost amusing!

jacketimp

rotenhahn said:
I've been warned- I have a cloud hanging over my head but this latest thing is just too much- like fighting with a 12 year old- ("I'm young and cool and idealistic- you're OLD and MEAN!"). Lately the forum's become like some weird corollary to the Woody Allen quote: "Any club which wouldn't have the likes of Tranquility and p40 is no club for me!" So- see ya!

is p40 gone? missed that one......... :oops:

hacker

bseal said:

-Immanuel Kant

I would defend Jeff only in his strong belief of free speech, though tasteless at times, and something I certainly have been guilty of as well. As to his support, or more accurately zero support for the State of Israel, it is certainly true that that does not in effect make one anti-semitic. BUT he has made ignorant comments relating to Jews in America that most certainly are anti-semitic. For is benefit I will take them as simply the remarks of someone ignorant in social skills. It is unfortunate that he has become so close minded in his views of middle east history that many of his comments become mindless rants not based on fact. He has been called to the carpet on them, and hopefully we have put this behind us. Some do have a habit of" post first, reread later". We all need to back off a little, and not turn to some new witch hunt, something that will only alienate members and not serve the forum in the long run......It is sad to see good members, leave. In the end not everyone is going to be happy here. And if they feel they don't like it, well...so it goes!.........

Hacker

C.J.

This thread seems to have gone far astray. I've been on watch forums for some time now. I was a moderator on one of the largest English speaking watch forums out there for some time with well over ten thousand posts. I've since left that forum and now only visit and moderate on one small one, begun by a core of disgruntled posters from the original. The original forum fell apart, to some extent, and it began very much with threads like this one, just on a much larger and more frequent scale.

I haven't been here and active very long, so I only "know" just a few of you. But, this flight jacket thing seems to be very important to a good deal of people out there. Honestly, there are very few, if any, places to go that offer just a fraction of the photos, comparisons and information that this place does. I've always looked upon these hobbies, my main one being watches but rapidly becoming flight jackets, as our passions. Whether they be competitive lifting, fighting, flying, watches or jackets, we all have one. None of us, not one, began in any of these pursuits knowing then what we do now. Most, if not all of us, obtained this information, to some extent, through the generosity and guidance of others. Now, it's our turn to continue that generosity and educate, inform and entice others to, if not pursue, at least have a knowledge and respect for what we all love/like so much. Mind you, this doesn't mean cocky arrogance should be tolerated. In what I do for a living and life "FNG's and rookies have a place, and it's usually a quiet one.

We can't hand this information down if all we do is fight, argue and bicker thus leading to loosing members. This forum is rather unique in it's subject and the members are easily the most knowledgeable I've come across, ever. Many of you may not realize what a valuable and rare source of information you are to people like me and a great many others. If this forum falls apart and the member base thins we're cutting our own throats to some degree. People need to read these posts, see these photographs and learn more about what these jackets mean and stand for to become fully absorbed in this hobby. If we're not here to share, less people will become interested enough to pursue the "perfect repro". We'd be short changing those who are just entering this hobby, we'd be short changing those who first wore these jackets in a time some are forgetting about and we'd be short changing ourselves. Not just due to the fact that we didn't return the favor that we received upon entry into this passion to a new batch of new guys , but with the lack of sales generated by the lack of people learning enough to buy an ELC, GW, RMNZ or others, we ourselves may find options thinning for our future purchases, as well.

Please, I mean no disrespect in anyway nor do I mean to be confrontational or cocky with this post. I'm very grateful to all of you for all that I've learned here. This is just a perspective of a "fairly" new guy who may be able to look at this from a viewpoint some of the veterans here can't quite see right now.

T-Bolt

This whole situation is getting ridiculous!!! A-2 Newbie and everyone else lets just pull back and mellow out a bit. The atmosphere on this thread, in particular, is getting to be like a kindergarten class.

I definitely don't want to see Simon leave the forum or Jeff (rotenhahn) either. I have had and will probably have in the future, disagreements with statements made by one member or another. BIG DEAL!! That doesn't mean I wll flip out and start accusing others of rascist tendencies or the like or pick up my toys and leave!!

I think we should count to ten (as my mom used to say) before we spew out personal slams or sever our ties to this great forum that Chris provides for us.

We have now and will continue to have a great resource with the Vintage Leather Jacket forum. Let's all work together to keep it an enjoyable place to converse, build friendships, and learn from each other!!

P.S.------Good post C.J.

Ted

Roughwear

T-Bolt said:
This whole situation is getting ridiculous!!! A-2 Newbie and everyone else lets just pull back and mellow out a bit. The atmosphere on this thread, in particular, is getting to be like a kindergarten class.

I definitely don't want to see Simon leave the forum or Jeff (rotenhahn) either. I have had and will probably have in the future, disagreements with statements made by one member or another. BIG DEAL!! That doesn't mean I wll flip out and start accusing others of rascist tendencies or the like or pick up my toys and leave!!

I think we should count to ten (as my mom used to say) before we spew out personal slams or sever our ties to this great forum that Chris provides for us.

We have now and will continue to have a great resource with the Vintage Leather Jacket forum. Let's all work together to keep it an enjoyable place to converse, build friendships, and learn from each other!!

P.S.------Good post C.J.

Ted

I agree 100% with Ted. Very well put too. C.J. you make most valid points too. This forum will only go from strength to strength if personal slanging matches between members are laid aside. Surely the real purpose of this forum is to discuss vintage jackets or perhaps I'm missing something?

airfrogusmc

Its Chris's forum. Heres what the owner has to say.

"Gentlemen,

It is sad that I have to remind some of you of our basic rules here, but things have been getting a bit out of hand.

First off-personal attacks WILL NOT be tolerated. I am not going to waste my time, or the time of the other mods to referee your public fights. Take those offline, or you will be taking yourselves offline here. There will not be a warning-people have already been banned.

Second-Be respectful of others here. Again, you are MY guests here, in my virtual home, and I want people to get along. Differing opinions are welcome, so listen, and you might learn something.

Third-try to keep on topic. It's great to read the threads about motorcycles, beer, watches, other hobbies, but the focus of THIS board is jackets. I have been fairly lenient with the behavior in the LBTI section, but will not tolerate exceptions to the two rules above.

Thanks

Chris"

Cross the line and it was your choice to leave bottom, line. This was posted on Aug 9. Some folks made their choice.

Roughwear

airfrogusmc said:
Its Chris's forum. Heres what the owner has to say.

"Gentlemen,

It is sad that I have to remind some of you of our basic rules here, but things have been getting a bit out of hand.

First off-personal attacks WILL NOT be tolerated. I am not going to waste my time, or the time of the other mods to referee your public fights. Take those offline, or you will be taking yourselves offline here. There will not be a warning-people have already been banned.

Second-Be respectful of others here. Again, you are MY guests here, in my virtual home, and I want people to get along. Differing opinions are welcome, so listen, and you might learn something.

Third-try to keep on topic. It's great to read the threads about motorcycles, beer, watches, other hobbies, but the focus of THIS board is jackets. I have been fairly lenient with the behavior in the LBTI section, but will not tolerate exceptions to the two rules above.

Thanks

Chris"

Cross the line and it was your choice to leave bottom, line. This was posted on Aug 9. Some folks most have made their choice.

This is a very timely reminder. Thanks Allan.