• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The VLJ “JACKET HALL OF FAME”

P-47 thunderbolt

I wanted to put my DD Aero I for consideration. Worn every day for almost 2 years in NZ - rain or shine

20220802_073131.jpg
20220802_073608.jpg

A2 B3au

All of the above A2s are lovely worn jackets, I’m slightly embarrassed with this offering, although I’ve only owned for 4 years, I’ve worn it to work everyday for 2 years. Name tag carry’s my uncles name along within the left pocket his lucky flask…Carrying hessian backed carpets everyday, it’s been left on washing line in all conditions,drenched in terrestrial rain. I’ve added pics of natural sunlight too.. those cuffs were originally same colour as the waistband… Of course I’m not expecting to win, I’m just pretty bored at the moment, please delete if it’s unfit for this thread
9A02070E-2EC7-4990-B19C-55816DFFC062.jpeg
466FE773-A4EF-4CF7-8307-0EE95BEEA2E9.jpeg
282F767C-5E4E-4E04-950A-BA37C67A4704.jpeg
8ED3A3B9-EED5-4936-B508-49DCCC5005A7.jpeg
15921124-0F0E-4EB8-9DA5-BAFFD64EBC19.jpeg

B-Man2

Just a suggestion guys. Please don’t submit multiple photos of your jackets . Just pick your best photo and submit it, otherwise it’s not fair to the guys who only have one photograph posted …..Thanks

P-47 thunderbolt

All of the above A2s are lovely worn jackets, I’m slightly embarrassed with this offering, although I’ve only owned for 4 years, I’ve worn it to work everyday for 2 years. Name tag carry’s my uncles name along within the left pocket his lucky flask…Carrying hessian backed carpets everyday, it’s been left on washing line in all conditions,drenched in terrestrial rain. I’ve added pics of natural sunlight too.. those cuffs were originally same colour as the waistband… Of course I’m not expecting to win, I’m just pretty bored at the moment, please delete if it’s unfit for this threadView attachment 98977View attachment 98979View attachment 98981View attachment 98985View attachment 98991
Could we please see the lucky flask?!

John Lever

Some info:
I bought it from a blind person who wore it every day for 5 years. He must have bumped and scraped it every day he also tried to resew the buttons by feel. This jacket is like an old crumpled handkerchief so very soft.
One of my fav. jackets.

B-Man2

Guys !
The Hall of Fame Entries are open until the “Ides Of March” ….. or March 15th if you’re not familiar with “Julius Caesar” ;)
Please let’s try and keep some order in the event . Please submit one photo to me via PM of your entry and I’ll post it for you . It will keep the thread manageable by eliminating multiple photos of the jackets .
So let’s have a little fun with this .
Thanks

JonnyCrow

Hi guys I haven't been on the group long, some great posts though, this isn't a aviation jacket but I had it from being 22 up till a couple of years ago, a old fringed American horsehide jacket, it went to some awesome festivals and concerts over the years though :D
FaceApp_1671011642725.jpg