• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The VLJ “JACKET HALL OF FAME”

B-Man2

It’s a boring and hot day here in Florida and I have way to much free time on my hands.
Hence the VLJ JACKET HALL OF FAME has been started . This thread is for reproduction jackets which have sustained wear and abuse and vintage jacket status thru the actual wearing of the jacket and not by some aging technique. The first nominee ever to this category is Micawbers ATF Tanker. Cast your votes (only one vote per person please, this is not a US election) ;)
First nominee
9F94BD60-B13D-45C4-917E-8B91C31D922C.jpeg

B-Man2

Feel free to submit your nominees to me via PM with photos and I will be happy to post them for you . Please feel free to comment on all jackets posted . :)

Last edited:

B-Man2

So does that mean we can only give a like to one jacket? I think I may have already broken the rules...
Well actually after careful thought …. all of these jackets look great …. So what say we include them ALL in the new VLJ Jacket Hall of Fame ! :)
AND … any others that all of you guys feel are worthy of being put into this thread … just remember the guidelines …. Repro jackets that have had “ the piss worn out of them” No ELC .50 cal’s …. No combat clones …. No sanded Hilts A2’s … None of those please :)

Last edited:

A2 B3au

Incoming…. Surely grants 1401p is a worthy shout….. very nice Enigma… but I’m not gonna sleep tonight thinking what could be under the name tag????RAMBO????

D97x7

You're right it did, although it didn't make much difference, it just freshened up the lining, I do agree though that it may rule my entry out.
Edit
That said, it wasn't done in an attempt to age or gain patina, it was just to keep it wearable, so really just part of the wearing process.

Kermit3D

You're right it did, although it didn't make much difference, it just freshened up the lining, I do agree though that it may rule my entry out.
Edit
That said, it wasn't done in an attempt to age or gain patina, it was just to keep it wearable, so really just part of the wearing process.
Oh no that doesn't rule anything out, your jacket is amazing, I would love my BK Dubow to age like yours.
It was just a chance to remind people of this crazy washing machine story. ;)

JonnyCrow

Edit
I nearly did that with a wartime jacket once, talk about sweat smell it would have knocked flies off a bucket of shit haha