• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tankers

veli1

Swing said:
Wow, make the cuffs longer and the zipper higher at the neck, and my Buzz Tanker would look just like that one (but not quite as dirty).

~Swing

Good Day, Mate,You said it all. And here's the message for all of you so called companies : We want copies of originals and not some bullsh*t/horsecr*p repros...do you understand?????????? :

Sorry for the language guys but I'm so mad about these repros and don't have the money for the "rising sun" Buzz Rickson's. :evil:

Swing

veli1 said:
Sorry for the language guys but I'm so mad about these repros and don't have the money for the "rising sun" Buzz Rickson's. :evil:

Less than $300 US from ELC right now. Save up the $$$ over a few months, and get the jacket.

~Swing

dujardin

does anyone have a photo of ATF tanker jacket when worn ,and not on manequin??

war photos
756crew1945.jpg

Beggendorf2ndarmoreddiv1.jpg

C-1.jpg

M3LeeMedjezAlBab1142.jpg

Photo8thIDSilverStarAwardOA.jpg

recovery2.jpg

rumor-board.gif

sherman-ammo-530606.jpg

byeeeeeeeeeee marcel

veli1

ausreenactor said:
Let me know if you need measurements.

Couchy

Thanks, great photos and very nice fit...yes it would be nice if you can provide with some measurements.

jnlight75

I have the ATF tanker as well. For the price I think it is a good wearable jacket. In terms of perfect accuracy, it does not have wool cuffs/collar, and the zipper goes to the top. Now would not be a good time to order one of the current model ATF tankers, as it appears a new redesigned production run will be available in January some time. On the site he claims that this new run will be even more accurate, so probably better to wait and see what they look like. The price will also go up to about $120 I believe.

veli1

jnlight75 said:
On the site he claims that this new run will be even more accurate, so probably better to wait and see what they look like. The price will also go up to about $120 I believe.

I've got the ATF's e-mail regarding their "new" tanker jacket:

Our "new generation" term usually means we have tweeked the materials or colors or hardware used on what we are having made, it doens't mean we have changed the basic spec's of whatever item we are working on.

Well, i don't know about accuracy but I'll wait 2009 before ordering.

Chandler

Doesn't look they really needed to tweak the color too much, looks nicer than one I tried on at a show about 8 years ago -- the trouble was that my usual size felt too small and the next size up was too big.

Chandler

veli1

I was really really interested in buying Buzz Rickson's tanker jacket but now with the new generation tanker jacket from ATF i'm not so sure anymore. These guys claim that ATF Tankers are the best on the market so I'll wait until january 2009 and see what can they offer to us:

Tanker Jackets, New Generation 2009
After nearly a year of development, we now have a new generation of Winter Combat Jackets. We have improved the quality to equal the US made coats we carried several years ago. These are now as close to an unissued original as you can get. The cotton twill shell is about 15% heavier than the previous jackets. Yes, it's the golden-khaki shade of olive drab #3 that makes khakifiends purr...
The lining is now heavy, 100% wool. Physically, these weigh about 1/2 pound more than the last run, and they are notably warmer. These are ever bit the equal of the those tankers that sell for $60-$200 more. As for the bargain products offered on the internet, there is no comparison.
Features:
Genuine Talon brand right opening zipper
Accurately sized and patterned
100% cotton twill shell, weight, weave and color matched to original fabric samples.
100% wool lining, custom woven to the same color and weave as WWII fabric.
Wool knit cuffs, waistband and collar, in olive brown
Realistic Spec labels

veli1

Hello guys,

there is a label on BR Tanker with pictures and it says that you can't use machine wash/machine dryer or any of the chemicals/softeners etc...so I wonder how do you get rid of stains (smoke stains ,swet stains etc.) and odors? How do you wash your cloth jackets without ruining it forever?Thanks

happy_slow_ride-img600x450-12272846.jpg

watchmanjimg

I assume you'd have to dry-clean it to avoid shrinkage of the lining. In fact, this is what ATF states on their website.

watchmanjimg

Peter Graham said:
If nothing else were available, they washed them in petrol.

Sounds like the hair of the dog, Peter. When I was a tanker, fuel and oil were usually what made our clothes dirty in the first place! :lol:

veli1

watchmanjimg said:
I assume you'd have to dry-clean it to avoid shrinkage of the lining. In fact, this is what ATF states on their website.

I'm in process of buying BR Tanker jacket and don't want to wash my jacket for at least 2 years... I suppose it could be hand washed in lukewarm water with mild soap or detergent,what do you think?

watchmanjimg

Maybe, but you'd have to be really careful. I'd say as long as you don't subject it to rough use and keep it away from you skin, you should be able to wear the jacket for a long time without cleaning it. I was given a WW2 Impressions tanker that was machine-washed and it's basically ruined. The shape is off because the lining and knits shrunk. Not sure if it was tumble dried.

Swing

veli1 said:
I'm in process of buying BR Tanker jacket and don't want to wash my jacket for at least 2 years... I suppose it could be hand washed in lukewarm water with mild soap or detergent,what do you think?

Well, if you want to keep it nice and neat, dry cleaning is probably best. I've always treated my tankers like what they are, field jackets. Dirt, spots, stains, smells, unless they're absolutely offensive, they're not getting cleaned. The more ragged the jacket gets, the more vintage the look, the cooler the jacket is.

Wore my Buzz Tanker to a high power rifle shoot this past weekend. Temp was around 20 degree F with a 10 to 15 mph wind. Had on a tank top undershirt, thermal undershirt, wool W&G pink shirt, ELC A-1 sweater, and then my Buzz Tanker. I wasn't exactly warm. IMO, the tanker is an above freezing jacket, best suited to temps between the upper 30s and low 50s. You can pile lots of cloths on under it, but once you get 10 to 15 degrees below freezing, it's almost worthless, especially if there's wind.

~Swing