• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tankers

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Chandler said:
Ah yes -- McCoy's, but I didn't know McCoy's made a tanker?

Chandler

They were old, from the days of the original RMJ ... I believe there's still one, or two in Christchurch, returned after shooting.

Recently RMNZ have re-introduced the tanker, now under The Few label.

fewnc9005.jpg

a2 fng

veli1 said:
a2 fng said:
The SMW tanker is now in the for sale section if anyone is interested.

Thanks

Hi,

I'm just curious,why are you selling your jacket??

Its not my jacket.

My friend is selling it-nothing to do with the quality or issues with the jacket just that its a bit too big for him.

I myself have had to buy around 5 different jackets before i was happy with the one ive got for fit as they seem to be cut a very strange way and getting one to fit nicely is not easy.

Chandler

a2 fng said:
I myself have had to buy around 5 different jackets before i was happy with the one ive got for fit as they seem to be cut a very strange way and getting one to fit nicely is not easy.

I had the same trouble. The older ATF tanker was either too small in a large or too big in an XL. The WW2 Impressions wasn't bad in a 46, but the sleeves were too frigging long (I had it altered).

I just discovered WPG, and I'm sure their tanker has been discussed before, but does anyone have an opinion?

Chandler

veli1

Does anyone have any experience in buying stuff online from rakuten ichiba web site?
I found this beautiful BR Tanker for 335 $, they accept paypal as a method of payment and that's fine with me.
The same jacket from Eastman would cost me aprox. 410$.

http://en.item.rakuten.com/vari/br-jk-br10994n/

My only worry is sizing of the jacket and I would appreciate some good advice on what size to order,maybe some forum member from Japan that has experience in trying on BR's jackets...? I'm 178cm tall and weigh about 90-93 kg.

Thanks.

asiamiles

veli1 said:
Does anyone have any experience in buying stuff online from rakuten ichiba web site?
I found this beautiful BR Tanker for 335 $, they accept paypal as a method of payment and that's fine with me.

My only worry is sizing of the jacket and I would appreciate some good advice on what size to order,maybe some forum member from Japan that has experience in trying on BR's jackets...? I'm 178cm tall and weigh about 90-93 kg.

Sorry, those kind of fig's mean nothing to me...but with a Buzz tanker I'd say just order your regular size. Note (as you can see on the pics on that site) that they are a fairly short fitting jacket.

veli1

deeb7 said:
asiamiles said:
veli1 said:
I'm 178cm tall and weigh about 90-93 kg.

Sorry, those kind of fig's mean nothing to me...

5' 10'', 198 - 205 lb ... :)

Hello David, thank you for the update. ;)

I'm 5' 10'' and weigh about 200 lb. I have a strong upper body with wide shoulders, just wondering if anyone here has a similar body measurements.

Cheers

Swing

veli1 said:

Thanks.

Coming from a guy with wide shoulders.... Measure your chest, and then buy the same size jacket. You shouldn't need to up or down size to get a correct looking fit, and you should have enough shoulder room.

~Swing

asiamiles

Swing said:
Coming from a guy with wide shoulders.... Measure your chest, and then buy the same size jacket. You shouldn't need to up or down size to get a correct looking fit, and you should have enough shoulder room.

Yes, the bi-swing back will give you room for movement even if the jacket fits quite snugly...my commercial McCoy Tanker is actually a size down, but I can just get away with it. I guess if you plan on wearing a shirt and thick sweater under it you could go a size-up as it's a fairly forgiving style and shouldn't look too big, but otherwise go with your regular size.

veli1

Hello,

i have talked to a guy in Japan (proxy service) and he's willing to buy and send me a BR Tanker jacket for 480 $ (shipped).
Guys, what's your opinion on this? I think for 480 $ this item is a little overpriced. And what about Eastman's,why is the price of their tanker going up so high-in these 2 weeks almost 250 pounds??

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
veli1 said:
i have talked to a guy in Japan (proxy service) and he's willing to buy and send me a BR Tanker jacket for 480 $ (shipped). Guys, what's your opinion on this? I think for 480 $ this item is a little overpriced.

Since it includes the shipping, and the proxy service charge, it seems about right. To pay less for it, deal direct, and save the proxy charge ...

http://event.rakuten.co.jp/borderless/index_en.html

And what about Eastman's,why is the price of their tanker going up so high-in these 2 weeks almost 250 pounds??

It's just another victim of the weak Pound.

ausreenactor

veli1 said:
Hello,

i have talked to a guy in Japan (proxy service) and he's willing to buy and send me a BR Tanker jacket for 480 $ (shipped).
Guys, what's your opinion on this? I think for 480 $ this item is a little overpriced. And what about Eastman's,why is the price of their tanker going up so high-in these 2 weeks almost 250 pounds??

I am sure you can do better than that. Just sold the BR 44, covering costs for $200 under what your agent is asking. That was with three day shipping and 17% on top of item cost and bank fees. You could have had the mint 44 for $325! He who hesitates...

Couchy

veli1

David and Couchy, thanks for answering my question. I'll look at Ebay, maybe I'll find a cheap BR Tanker.

ausreenactor

Did you 100% need a 44? There is 42 on Yahoo Japan for 30450Y.

They pop up in 40 all the time for 12000Y to 15000Y in VGC...The 44 was the first I had
seen in a while. I use one or two jacket sales to part subsidise the third...When the Aussie
dollar was at US$0.60 the jackets were making some good money. No longer. I am slowly
realising that jackets that NEVER get worn are a bit of waste of resources.

I have just picked up a Large L-2B that retailed for 45000Y for US$200 plus shipping. There are
bargains out there...Shop around with shipping agents!

Couchy

dav3469

I picked up one of ATF's Tankers, and it was delivered last week. Although it seems not to be a "perfect" reproduction (zips all the way up and other previously discussed points) I am impressed with the quality, and the price was great compared to the more expensive (and not in my size anyway) offerings.

I can say go a size down. I went with XL instead of XXL. I usually wear a 50, but an XXL would have been way too big. As it is I have a bit of room. Overall I am pleased.

Here are a couple of pics. I am a big guy, so as you can see the XL seems to fit right without looking like a bag. In the picture have a zip neck fleece on underneath, so plenty of room.

IMG_1587.jpg

IMG_1586.jpg

IMG_1588.jpg