• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tankers

Chandler

Digital cameras tend to add red to the image, might be way the jacket looks so dull -- red and green tending to create mud.

Chandler

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Chandler said:
Digital cameras tend to add red to the image, might be way the jacket looks so dull -- red and green tending to create mud.

...... but the grass is green. :?

veli1

Hello a2 fng,

thanks for the pics...i think this SMW jacket looks pretty cool but IMHO buzz rickson tanker is number #1 on the market today. This SMW jacket how much did it cost??

Chandler

deeb7 said:
Chandler said:

...... but the grass is green. :?

Not all that green -- I looked at it, too, before I made my assessment, it's also pretty drab.

Chandler

Chandler

Here, does this look a little closer? You're right, that camera's gotta go! ;)

tankeradj.jpg

(yes, I split the screen)

Chandler

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Chandler said:
Not all that green -- I looked at it, too, before I made my assessment, it's also pretty drab.

Fair enough .... and, after all, it is Wales. :p

• The old home town looks the same
    as I step down from the train

Dr H

deeb7 said:
Chandler said:

Fair enough .... and, after all, it is Wales. :p

• The old home town looks the same
    as I step down from the train

And after all...the grass IS always greener on the other side... ;)

Chandler

deeb7 said:
.... and, after all, it is Wales. :p

You can tell that just by the grass? ;)

(no, not getting into this argument -- since I've seen Dear Old Skibbereen)

Chandler

a2 fng

Chandler said:
Here, does this look a little closer? You're right, that camera's gotta go! ;)

tankeradj.jpg

(yes, I split the screen)

Chandler

Yes,thats more like it :p :p

Camera is indeed a piece of crap which was recommended to me by a camera buff :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

a2 fng

veli1 said:
Hello a2 fng,

thanks for the pics...i think this SMW jacket looks pretty cool but IMHO buzz rickson tanker is number #1 on the market today. This SMW jacket how much did it cost??

No idea what it cost im afraid as it isnt mine but i can bet it was a hell of a lot cheaper than a Buzz one thats for sure ;) ;)

Chandler

Jeeze - yours doesn't look at all green now. What make is your friend's? It looks about the same color as my WW2 Impressions.

Chandler

a2 fng

Chandler said:
Jeeze - yours doesn't look at all green now. What make is your friend's? It looks about the same color as my WW2 Impressions.

Chandler

Mine isnt green its a "tan" colour.

My mates is the SM Wholesale one i tried to show in earlier posts.

Chandler

a2 fng said:

Okay, that makes more sense now -- I thought that other jacket was yours. But yeah, the SM Wholesale (is that a mock name, or a real manufacturer?) is close to the olive color of my WW2 Impressions tanker.

What make is your tan version?

Chandler

a2 fng

Chandler said:
a2 fng said:

Okay, that makes more sense now -- I thought that other jacket was yours. But yeah, the SM Wholesale (is that a mock name, or a real manufacturer?) is close to the olive color of my WW2 Impressions tanker.

What make is your tan version?

Chandler

Think SM is just a mock name.They made/supplied all of the M42 Jumpsuits for Band Of Brothers and are excellent.

The other Tan one(mine) is one of the Soldier Of Fortune sold repros.The label has a maker of I.M.E SPORTSWEAR.CO on it.

I have pics of it up on here.

Chandler

a2 fng said:
Think SM is just a mock name.They made/supplied all of the M42 Jumpsuits for Band Of Brothers and are excellent.

Did they also supply the few tankers that showed up on BoB? For some reason I seem to remember Doc's being a Buzz Rickson -- and the Talon zip can really be made out in a few shots.

I'll try to get some pics of mine up next week.

Chandler

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Chandler said:
Did they also supply the few tankers that showed up on BoB? For some reason I seem to remember Doc's being a Buzz Rickson -- and the Talon zip can really be made out in a few shots.

As well as the leather, the tankers were supplied by Real McCoy's.

a2 fng

Chandler said:
a2 fng said:

I'll try to get some pics of mine up next week.

Chandler

They may have done for some of the extras but as you say,Docs isnt one of theirs.