• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Irvins.

mulceber

Haha! thanks Pa12... :)
I am particularly sensitive to cold, and I tolerate B-6 well from 12-13°C. I have been wearing it almost every day for 1 month (alternating with the B-10).
But the Irvin... it's truly a legendary jacket. How can we live without Irvin ? :p
IMHO, you could probably wear a fly-weight Irvin (or Aero Merino Irvin) in similar weather to your B-6.

tusche

Indeed, And since I can't afford the "Fly Weight", the Aero Merino Irvin is an excellent alternative. I love it too.
IMG_7972.jpeg

I own the Aero as well. To be honest not a big difference. IMO the Eastman looks a little bit more like an original.

FlakMagnet

I'm coveting all the Irvins posted on this thread. I'd love to own one some day, but it hardly ever gets cold enough here in the Antipodes to warrant one!

Smithy

I'm coveting all the Irvins posted on this thread. I'd love to own one some day, but it hardly ever gets cold enough here in the Antipodes to warrant one!

Don't do it Flak. As you know I'm a Kiwi. I bought my ELC Irvin the second time I lived in Norway and wore it a load then and have now here.

They are impossible to wear with any proper reason Down Under. That's just a fact of life. People will talk about cold mornings but that's nonsense. You really need days which stay close to freezing the entire day or below that.

They're not made for sub-temperate or temperate climes

FlakMagnet

Don't do it Flak. As you know I'm a Kiwi. I bought my ELC Irvin the second time I lived in Norway and wore it a load then and have now here.

They are impossible to wear with any proper reason Down Under. That's just a fact of life. People will talk about cold mornings but that's nonsense. You really need days which stay close to freezing the entire day or below that.

They're not made for sub-temperate or temperate climes
100%.

Not unless the Missus and I decide to relocate deep down South in Gore/Invercargill where it it gets some decent winter weather! (not gonna happen though!)

Pa12

I'll share my Irvin story. I ordered an Elc Irvin in the fall of 2008. A week later my dad had a stroke and went into the hospital. When the Irvin arrived (beautiful) I wore it during one of my hospital visits. Now my dad’s mental function was substantially damaged by the stroke. When he saw that jacket he perked up and said “where did you find that”. He thought it was his. He had left his, along with the rest of his gear, at leeming bar when he came home. Wanting to put that part of his life behind him. I think this was part of the reason I sold it. Always reminded me of the condition he was in at the time. Mercifully he passed a week later.