• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ride 'em Cowboy! Headwind Mfg Co's Bronco A-2 Has Arrived

atlasfields

In response to a request for some better pictures … here’s another lame attempt..
First 2 unzippedView attachment 126389

Half zipped

As a side note I’m on the bigger side of the charts at 6’1” and 250lbs… I’m pushing the limits of a size 48 but I’m very comfortable with this fit. I doubt I could layer with any heavy top or sweater/jumper just yet but maybe if it opens a little with wear..

I’m not a stitch counter or overly obsessed with small details but this has all the appearances of a great jacket for a great price.. the leather feels really nice with grain showing up along the sleeve creases after just a few hours wear. There are no unpleasant odors from the leather. The knits feel good and They have no pulls or pilling.

capri bell of San Michele .. you know for luck
Which Iron Heart Jeans are those? And what the knife in your pocket?

Boyo

Atlas- I had to go back and peek at the photos..
The jeans are IH 633 XHS 25oz From Self-edge still pretty much raw but I’m working on them

IMG_7215.jpeg

The knife is from CRKT and called “ Inazuma No Ken” as it has a katana type blade. It’s a nice heavy knife with assisted opening.. quite nice for the price.

atlasfields

Atlas- I had to go back and peek at the photos..
The jeans are IH 633 XHS 25oz From Self-edge still pretty much raw but I’m working on them

View attachment 136739
The knife is from CRKT and called “ Inazuma No Ken” as it has a katana type blade. It’s a nice heavy knife with assisted opening.. quite nice for the price.
Love Iron Heart! Wearing 634’s in black as I type this. CRKT makes a solid knife for the $. Have an Emerson CQC6 in my pocket today.

Falcon15e

Took my order of a size 44 Bronco today. The jacket is beautiful. I’m no expert on the vintage or contract lines but from the limited research I’ve conducted, I am very, very pleased with the quality. The hide has beautiful grain and the coloration is gorgeous. The stitching is good and the jacket is supple and comfortable. Great knits and good lay of the seams inside and outside. No wonder these fellas wore them constantly! I would too.

Jay was very helpful in sizing but, I still need to go up a size so I guess I’m waiting. I’ll have to package up this beautiful 44 and wait for a 46. This breaks my heart because I didn’t want to take it off! But the shoulders are a bit tight.

For those wondering on sizing:
5’9”
19 shoulder
The arm and length measurements are spot on. I just have slightly broader shoulders.

Buy with confidence! As I stated, I’m not a repo expert. But I have owned several A-2 styles over the years and the quality on these are fantastic. I think he could realistically sell them at a higher price point.

Jeff

MauldinFan

Jeff, im sorry if didnt quite fit, but you can tell when a jacket just doesn't fit.
Before I ordered mine, I swapped many emails getting an idea of fit.
I'm about 100 miles from him and I almost drove down to try a few on, but I was assured these were just a little more generous in the shoulders as the originals were. I'm 6 feet tall and around 210ish right now and my 46 one fit perfectly. It's not too tight but not too loose. It'll fit with good arm movement even with a light sweater underneath.
You're right about the supple leather with good color.
Heck, I was showing mine off to another re-enactor just yesterday!
I think he could realistically sell them at a higher price point.
I agree but I'm glad I was able to afford mine.

Last edited:

Falcon15e

Jeff, im sorry if didnt quite fit, but you can tell when a jacket just doesn't fit.
Before I ordered mine, I swapped many emails getting an idea of fit.
I'm about 100 miles from him and I almost drove down to try a few on, but I was assured these were just a little more generous in the shoulders as the originals were. I'm 6 feet tall and around 210ish right now and my 46 one fit perfectly. It's not too tight but not too loose. It'll fit with good arm movement even with a light sweater underneath.
You're right about the supple leather with good color.
Heck, I was showing mine off to another re-enactor just yesterday!
I agree but I'll glad I was able to afford mine.
Mauldin,

Thanks for the assurance. It was tough to part with and so close. But a good weight off the shoulders to admit it and accept the need for an exchange.

Thanks again,
Jeff

Skyhawk

Our Restock jackets are coming in this week and next week in two shipments.
Right now we have a size 46 and size 40 available and ready to ship. All other sizes will be in stock shortly.

Skyhawk

Ok we have our new shipment in. I am going through our orders and then I will list the remaining sizes. We had a lot of pre orders and so some of the sizes will not be available. I believe we already sold out of size 48 but I will post an update later today.

If anyone is interested just shoot me a PM. I can tell you if I have your size available.

petermack09

Took my order of a size 44 Bronco today. The jacket is beautiful. I’m no expert on the vintage or contract lines but from the limited research I’ve conducted, I am very, very pleased with the quality. The hide has beautiful grain and the coloration is gorgeous. The stitching is good and the jacket is supple and comfortable. Great knits and good lay of the seams inside and outside. No wonder these fellas wore them constantly! I would too.

Jay was very helpful in sizing but, I still need to go up a size so I guess I’m waiting. I’ll have to package up this beautiful 44 and wait for a 46. This breaks my heart because I didn’t want to take it off! But the shoulders are a bit tight.

For those wondering on sizing:
5’9”
19 shoulder
The arm and length measurements are spot on. I just have slightly broader shoulders.

Buy with confidence! As I stated, I’m not a repo expert. But I have owned several A-2 styles over the years and the quality on these are fantastic. I think he could realistically sell them at a higher price point.

Jeff
If this 44 is going on sale Jay ,gimme a pm please.