• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Random Cool Photo Thread

FlakMagnet

66AFE50C-850C-41D0-A37B-804B06BFF856.jpeg

Flightengineer

AK "god" is the best...

View attachment 89135
finge
Notice they both have theirr on the trigger... different culture back when...

IMO finger on the trigger cause they are on war, although they are posing for a photo, this is an unconditioned reflex - removed fuse also.

This is not AK, but a Chinese Type 56 shitty version. Terrible quality crap compared to the original.

Last edited:

ZuZu

IMO finger on the trigger cause they are on war, although they are posing for a photo, this is an unconditioned reflex - removed fuse also.

This is not AK, but a Chinese Type 56 shitty version. Terrible quality crap compared to the original.

I know what it is. AK design and still better than the M-16 POS our guys had to use. The Russian AKs of all type are best in world. Polish second?

Flightengineer

I know what it is. AK design and still better than the M-16 POS our guys had to use. The Russian AKs of all type are best in world. Polish second?
Can't say anything, I've never see Polish. But those Chinese "AK" that I held in my hands were frank shit, which often overheated, jammed when shooting in the heat and did not tolerate dirt and sand, also often was problems with the shutter. Most of the Mujahideen were armed with Chinese guns, although there were also Hungarian ones (I don’t know how they got into Afghanistan).
We fought with the AKS-74, it was a wonderful machine gun and I know for sure that the leaders of the Mujahideen had them as a personsl weapon as the best for they most respected elders.

Smithy

This isn't so much a photo as a very small clip of an RNZAF Skyhawk doing what they did best - flying stupidly low. This kind of flying which any fast jet pilot would tell you in this kind of terrain and weather is nuts, These guys were the low level dudes. Great shame they are no more...