• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Random Cool Photo Thread

Micawber

Meanwhile, some years prior...

FB_IMG_1671573583061.jpg

Micawber

Back in the '70's I bought a few M-1's complete with liners for peanuts from a surplus place. Most of the chinstraps had the metal clips at the bale end and they all came with faded late covers. They were all well used and most had permanent marker graffiti on the covers. They all got sold on or traded for stuff, although I remember one was loaned to the husband of a cousin ...and I still remember that was the last I ever saw of it. That sort of what was then current stuff, even though it came from the States, went for not much money at all and the same applied to most WW2 Allied gear.

Smithy

Vietnam stuff is going to go the way of WWII things very, very shortly Jeff. The value of gear and kit from that war is going to shoot through the roof very soon, mark my words.

That helmet of mine has probably gone up at least 3 or 4 times in value from when I bought it.

Nam stuff used to be cheap but it's shooting up in value now.