• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Price increase at Eastman Leather

mulceber

Yeah, I'd buy a Buzz. Check out Yahoo Japan, get it for as reasonable price as you can find, and use some of the money you saved to swap out the knits.

Stravaiger

We Scots have a saying also , “Ye cannae take it wi ye” or “Ye are a lang time deid “ or “Ye wull be the richest man in the graveyard” aye , I could go on mair but ye are having such a fun time weighing up the pros and cons o being ripped aff.Whit?

CBI

since I have essentially stopped collecting, the idea of purchasing a high dollar jacket does not seem as bad as I could see buying ONE jacket (or maybe two) which is what I think most "normal" customers do. Its pretty daunting if the idea is to have a closet full of Eastman's. I'm not commenting on whether their price is fair or not, just that if its a one or two off, its much more palatable. I have seen some GREAT looking jackets on their FB page. I still lean towards Good Wear but having a little post collecting perspective, I could certainly suffer through with an Eastman! I also never really took the time to look at folks like RRL which a very pricey new or even just high end retail fashion jackets that are MUCH more expensive.

Capt

Yes, it appears so Greg.
I see the A-2s are now £1299.99

Makes a BK a bargain!

At this point Id recommend a BR B-10 as an alternative. Can always swop the knits out at some point.
Or look at one of those SW Wholesale ones ?
cant fault my BK W&G M422, the vintage mouton makes it much better than any ELC versions I have owned.

Attachments

• IMG_2732.jpeg
    IMG_2732.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 95

John Lever

What about lead times ?
Eastman can usually make something in 4 to 6 weeks.
For UK customers ELC is a good choice because there are no duties to pay. So any thing from overseas will be 30 % more expensive. Returns are easy so no big costs for couriers and yet more import costs.
Broken zip ? No problem, send it back for a replacement for about 70 pounds posted.
I have been buying jackets for decades (like everyone else) from the USA, Japan and New Zealand and have come to realise that considering all the variables Eastman or another home grown outfit gives the best out come.
Just my experience

Last edited:

johnwayne

Well said John, ELC do make a nice jacket for certain but like GW I have often wondered how many jackets they sell say on a weekly/monthly basis? Often wondered what profit there is on a £1k+ jacket?
Surely they are not selling loads at those prices, especially in the current economic climate, albeit I’m not so sure that’s as bad as the media would have you believe!!!