• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Platon Dubow seal?

Whatsit

my russet dubow arrived. pix tomorrow.
Did Platon send you an email saying he was mailing your jacket or did he just mail it without letting you know? I know he sent you that email saying he was going to start sending the jackets “by the end of next week”. Was that the only message you received? Hope this question makes sense

Last edited:

Silver Surfer

yes, tracking was sent to me. even though the tracking and jacket were sent, when i went to the tracking number,"label created" was all that ever came up. greek postal computer glitch? i am quite happy with the dubow, and feel that the dough spent, and waiting time were aok. interesting that the hides on my jacket are so very similar to those of my original dubow 23379 [see pix]. the color of the hides are more light russet then the pix show, and i may try to do a dye was to get the hides closer to the color in the pix...maybe. the zipper iss a high quality talon repro, and i have swapped out the puller for an original "talon" stamped 1942 puller. the jacket is comfy out of the box, and i expect that it will become more so with wear. dunno why, but when i try to upload pix,, i get a " the following error has occurred". if someone can tell me how to correct this, i will post the pix.

Grant

Posting pics for Vic of his bitchin Platon Dubow.

C405D6E7-701A-4528-860E-8DF980A78538.jpeg
250C6465-0E70-4E4B-AD30-EED9F3701B8B.jpeg
20D9A24C-0CBE-467A-87A9-3B06F0BA34DF.jpeg
647231C1-423D-4CEA-8025-E63E655CE219.jpeg
6E4D6B32-AE92-4118-AA92-B0BAAF2D80D3.jpeg
C57D868E-8059-4B91-BF07-759C5E4E50C3.jpeg
303F3BDA-574B-431F-A1A7-27680DAAC520.jpeg
CD91D33B-6568-46BD-801F-2A20A83707C2.jpeg

Whatsit

Wow very empressed. Now how does it fit as a 42? Is it a normal 42 fit or a bit smaller feel?
How long did it take to ship after you received Platon’s email?

Brettafett

Yes, regs sizing.. Did you go your normal A-2 size?
If you get a chance, could you measure the shoulders of this 42 please...

Pilot

This just in..... Platon was spotted on the French Riviera yesterday... One can draw their own conclusions regarding the source of his new-found wealth:

View attachment 10560
Happy to welcome every worker to enjoy his time off and rest and recovery...but the photo shown is certainly NOT the French Riviera (1000 criterias not like French Riviera..)...living there for 38 years I can confirm its in NO Way France...anyway...happy to see the enjoyment...even if not in France.

Technonut2112

Happy to welcome every worker to enjoy his time off and rest and recovery...but the photo shown is certainly NOT the French Riviera (1000 criterias not like French Riviera..)...living there for 38 years I can confirm its in NO Way France...anyway...happy to see the enjoyment...even if not in France.

What is the French word for 'joke'?.... :rolleyes: As far as Google Images 'French Riviera' search is concerned, and for the intent & purpose of the posted pic, I think it does quite nicely... ;)

johnwayne

Very nice Dubow repro indeed, maybe not quite sharp enough collar points/ends IMHO but that's me being picky, nonetheless as I say very nice, enjoy!

Ken at Aero Leather

This just in..... Platon was spotted on the French Riviera yesterday... One can draw their own conclusions regarding the source of his new-found wealth:

View attachment 10560

One things for sure, there's no "wealth" for Platon in this jacket at the current price, if he's breaking even he's doing well, the trade term is "a loss leader" It's a case of a Greek bearing gifts........................................to be continued

Technonut2112

One things for sure, there's no "wealth" for Platon in this jacket at the current price, if he's breaking even he's doing well, the trade term is "a loss leader" It's a case of a Greek bearing gifts........................................to be continued

Which does make it sad for folks who just may 'hesitate' themselves right out of inarguably the best deal out there for an A-2 repro of this quality.. They damn sure won't be getting any cheaper. It'll be a, "if only I would have gotten in early on that deal"... kind of thing, if something may happen which causes Platon to shut the doors, or raise prices. However, I do see companies such as U.S. Authentic that manage to send a custom-made horsehide leather jacket out the door for close to the same price as Platon's Dubows, and they're a U.S. based business. Who knows, he just may be able to keep it up..

Bombing IP

Half a dozen cutting them himself with plenty time for fag breaks and some Turkish coffee.
Everyone works at a different speed, WW2 machinists would have done an A-2 in close to one an hour, hence the iffy stitching
I takes me about about two hours, ditto Julie, Christine takes about four, the otherA-2 girls at Aero, about 6 hours

So if he can make 2 a day for five days and spend Saturday cutting out leather and liners that a gross of $5300 less the cost of materials .I am assuming he has no overhead as he is a one man band .I am placing in the middle of the skill and ability level as quoted for time to make said jacket . Going faster more gross income ,all I am saying its do able as a start up and still be able to feed himself and keep a roof over his head .

BIP