• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Platon Dubow seal?

B-Man2

I didn’t order one however, like most here I’m anxiously awaiting the delivery and reviews for these jackets. I can tell that most are anxiously waiting too! Communication at this point is essential or things will begin to go downhill .

Whatsit

I didn’t order one however, like most here I’m anxiously awaiting the delivery and reviews for these jackets. I can tell that most are anxiously waiting too! Communication at this point is essential or things will begin to go downhill .
I’m hoping someone will receive something this next week if even that means an email

Whatsit

So we first heard that Platon was going to start shipping the end of the next week which was last week. Has anyone received an email saying they were one of the lucky ones?

B-Man2

So we first heard that Platon was going to start shipping the end of the next week which was last week. Has anyone received an email saying they were one of the lucky ones?

Does anyone recall what the ORIGINAL proposed delivery date was on these?
I was just wondering how much additional time has passed if any since then.

Juanito

Depending on how thus turns out, I feel real lucky that I got in early on the russet jacket. Just wish I would have order the 46 at that time, too.

Technonut2112

I posted this one week ago today:

There has been a delay in the making of your jacket due to some hardware
shipped from Japan being held at customs. We expect them to be released
this week so we can resume the jackets.

The estimate remains that we will ship your jacket within October.

best regards,
Platon

JA Dubow Mfg

If Platon was waiting to see if the zippers were released during last week, and say they were on last Thursday (just a guess), how many jackets could have been completed in 5 days (up to today)? If any were, I imagine they would just be going out sometime this week... As long as I receive my shipping notice by the end of the month like I was last told, all will be well in my world..

Whatsit

Depending on how thus turns out, I feel real lucky that I got in early on the russet jacket. Just wish I would have order the 46 at that time, too.
Seems funny that seemingly all these orders since you first did your review and still not one person on this forum has seen a jacket, doesn’t it?

Technonut2112

This just in..... Platon was spotted on the French Riviera yesterday... One can draw their own conclusions regarding the source of his new-found wealth:

the-rake-hotel-du-cap-01-1200x800.jpg

Juanito

Seems funny that seemingly all these orders since you first did your review and still not one person on this forum has seen a jacket, doesn’t it?
Not if there was an issue with supply of leather, and or components. My jacket is russet while the delays have been strictly with the seal jackets. I suspect that both the russet and seal ran out far faster than expected, hence the trip to Italy.

I think it is probably more if a coincidence of the timing of ordering my jacket than anything else. Who knows how much demand is out there outside of the few members on this tiny forum. I know his jackets were discussed over on TFL as well as a number of other sites.

Ken at Aero Leather

, how many jackets could have been completed in 5 days (up to today)?

Half a dozen cutting them himself with plenty time for fag breaks and some Turkish coffee.
Everyone works at a different speed, WW2 machinists would have done an A-2 in close to one an hour, hence the iffy stitching
I takes me about about two hours, ditto Julie, Christine takes about four, the otherA-2 girls at Aero, about 6 hours

Whatsit

I believe all the leather is cut and ready to be put together in the next few days so trusting the jackets will start to be mailed by next week